The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bill TV

Nice video Bill. Couple of things the Remington item was discontinued I believe because the paraffin wax actually will clog the pores and when it clogs the pores basically the analogy that I would use is take a small cylinder or cup fill it with wax to the very brim and of course everything is going to slide over that but the problem is it it caused a lot of dermatitis in some people as to the corn starch versus talc I agree I believe talc is better , just harder to find as to the towel versus brush application of the powder as a Barber we can only use items on a person once the folding of the towel the wrapping it around your hand and applying to talk to that is an old old-fashioned way of doing it but it also keeps the sterilization process alive plus it allows you to put tension on the towel while you were putting it on your client a little bit different ergonomics but it still works, and it does allow you to smooth it on as well

Nice Sunday morning sermon from the church of Bill!

Was listening to it vs watching and boy when you start taking about using talc and “down here in my problem areas” can refer to several things.

Once my thigh gap disappeared, I found the use of talc to benefit against chafing in those problem areas down there too. Not so much so with the corn starch versions.

Nice video Bill. Couple of things the Remington item was discontinued I believe because the paraffin wax actually will clog the pores and when it clogs the pores basically the analogy that I would use is take a small cylinder or cup fill it with wax to the very brim and of course everything is going to slide over that but the problem is it it caused a lot of dermatitis in some people as to the corn starch versus talc I agree I believe talc is better , just harder to find as to the towel versus brush application of the powder as a Barber we can only use items on a person once the folding of the towel the wrapping it around your hand and applying to talk to that is an old old-fashioned way of doing it but it also keeps the sterilization process alive plus it allows you to put tension on the towel while you were putting it on your client a little bit different ergonomics but it still works, and it does allow you to smooth it on as well
Been a long time since I used an electric. After daily shaves were eliminated by my exit from the shirt and tie gang, a dreaded weekly shave with a Mach3 was the norm.

I could do a daily shave with the ‘original’ Atra. The irritation from M3’s drove me to electrics. I can still find the Remington Face Saver sticks available online. Those and the additional talc dusting before the buzz allowed me a low grade SAS without the bloody collar stains. I did think the use of those products caused faster wear on Braun foils and blades though.

SOTD 12/15/22

Derby soap
Vintage John Jay 6/8
Omega 10098 boar
Razorock Unlabeled II

I really liked this video. I never understood the controversy of this soap and Williams. Arko to me just smells like Ivory with a tinge of lemon added. Williams to me just smells like Ivory on Steriods - maybe my nose isn’t sensitive enough 😂

That razor was a nice get! Good video my friend!

SOTD 2/19/22 Straight Up

Proraso Green PreShave
Stirling Suds and Stank, Executive Man style
Stirling High Mountain Badger
Symmetrical Pottery steampunk bowl
ThIers Issard Oakwing 7/8
Unscented talc and the New Talc Cannon

SOTD 2/19/22 Straight Up

Proraso Green PreShave
Stirling Suds and Stank, Executive Man style
Stirling High Mountain Badger
Symmetrical Pottery steampunk bowl
ThIers Issard Oakwing 7/8
Unscented talc and the New Talc Cannon

You squirt it into a brush LOL

This guys plans ahead! I’ll be packing about an hour before I leave for the airport.

The Shaving Cadre Tshirt is going to have to change the logo from Excess Lather Storage to Excess Lather & Powder Storage

Back