The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Thanks, Dave!
I was always told its a lather hog, judging by your video, it ain't.. Looks like it has excellent flow through. I have also read a lot that is doesn't splay. Looks like it splays plenty enough!! Is your loft 52mm?

Best,

Mike
I dont find it a lather hog at all since the knot is shorter, Mine is only 64mm I have my loft set at 54mm and it releases real well without being too floppy,

@Mike Shults Talc items as requested

Brother I tried it with the talc and i love it! Nice cooling effect, and matte finish.
So do you load the powder in the brush every shave?

Yeah my post shave i do things probably backwards from everyone else. I actually alum, then witch hazel , then trumpers skin food, alcohol Aftershave splash, and now i finish with talc;) I don't find alcohol splash to cut the properties of the balm/skin food, as long as i apply it do damp skin and let it absorb, (before the alcohol splash)thats all that matters, you want your skin drink/absorb the balm, you don't want the balm sitting on the surface of the skin, you want the moisture inside the skin layers. After it does absorb,then the alcohol splash seals and braces the outside of the pores/skin making them closed and tight plus the talc further refines and cools the skin. Thanks for the tip, Sir! I will always add this to my shave!!

Brother I tried it with the talc and i love it! Nice cooling effect, and matte finish.
So do you load the powder in the brush every shave?

Yeah my post shave i do things probably backwards from everyone else. I actually alum, then witch hazel , then trumpers skin food, alcohol Aftershave splash, and now i finish with talc;) I don't find alcohol splash to cut the properties of the balm/skin food, as long as i apply it do damp skin and let it absorb, (before the alcohol splash)thats all that matters, you want your skin drink/absorb the balm, you don't want the balm sitting on the surface of the skin, you want the moisture inside the skin layers. After it does absorb,then the alcohol splash seals and braces the outside of the pores/skin making them closed and tight plus the talc further refines and cools the skin. Thanks for the tip, Sir! I will always add this to my shave!!
my wife would be jealous..;)

Back