The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Has anyone tried the the formula Mitchells Wool Fat? I’m on badgerandblade, and the new formula doesn’t have tallow..it’s a palm oil based soap now. I was debating buying a refill , and I should just stick with my other all time favorite soap DR Harris.. I have the almond and Arlington ..anyway, happy 4 th of July fellas

I have.. It's very similar from what I could remember of the original. I only tried the Original formula once from a small piece...

I have not yet. Have always had the original my guess is that it will be about the same. I have to order some

Hi. Your recent posts on removable blade straights gave me this idea; maybe a trio of shaves featuring the Feather SS, Feather DX, and Tedalus with comparisons between them for someone looking to try out low maintenance open blade shaving?

Will do I will include that next week for the British hard soap series on my YouTube channel Thanks Eric

Really.? Better than Mitchell’s wool fat?
Yes sir very much so. MWF ranked 3rd in the contest based on all categories of performance etc in my den
1. Arran
2. Floris
3. MWF
4. DR Harris
5. T&H
6. Penhaligons
7. TOBS

Thanks for the great double theme over the past 3 days. Really enjoyed the videos. Still not ready to take the shavette plunge into open blade shaving, but feel much better informed about the options now. Thanks!

Thanks for the great double theme over the past 3 days. Really enjoyed the videos. Still not ready to take the shavette plunge into open blade shaving, but feel much better informed about the options now. Thanks!
Thanks for the idea it was fun

It was a really nice series! Thanks so much for doing it!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back