The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

“Bond thought it time to make some show of independence. He said firmly, 'Un moment, je vous en prie,' and went into the bathroom and cleaned himself up - amused to notice that the soap was that most English of soaps, Pears Transparent, and that there was a bottle of Mr Trumper's 'Eucris' beside the very masculine brush and comb by Kent. Marc-Ange was indeed making his English guest feel at home!"
- Ian Fleming, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, 1963

The context of this passage is in a visit to another (non-English) character’s home. I’m not sure if this means Bond used it regularly (that’s why his host would stock it for him) or if it’s the stuff his host thought most Englishmen would find pleasing and his host was just taking a stab at it based on Bond’s nationality.

The Kent brush/combs are also some of my favorites! A fancy Kent brush in ebony wood was my very first “high-end” male grooming product, before getting into traditional wet shaving.

I had read that as well but it looked like it was only an observation but at least mentioned LOL

The Kent brush/combs are also some of my favorites! A fancy Kent brush in ebony wood was my very first “high-end” male grooming product, before getting into traditional wet shaving.
Same. I own a Kent brush but rarely use it. That's something I must change.

Back