The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Gillette President / Personna
Morris & Forndran / Sabini
Pdp 63 shave soap/aftershave balm/EdT
Royall Muske cologne
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Talc

DC560ED0-0F8E-4E45-B0D9-494068C71688.jpeg
Had a good night sleep, but was given some bad news at 0530. One of my clients whom was a huge fan or anything “barber Nostalgic” passed at home last night

This gentlemen had a haircut. Every 4-weeks, but came in for a shave every other day to, in his words “ to honor a tradition and to enjoy and artists work”

So a sad day at the shop today. As much as the obvious states, based on the demographic of most my clients, losses will happen, however I treat my clients as family, hear their most cherished and private thoughts, and have their confidence. That being said, I have lost 10 clients due to the reaper this year. Enough is enough, and it sucks. Sadly as mentioned above, it will continue.

As a barber you are part bartender, part counselor, the repository of gossip, sports, weather,political commentary, and sometimes just someone they can unload on. You get to know generations of blood and family. Plus we are the ones folks come too to look good, or to just have the true barbershop experience

Anyway, a good shave today all bbs and the vintage razor just seemed appropriate today

Just do me a favor. Hug the ones you love, tell a friend you are thinking of them, as we never know the time and hour the “conductor” will come and punch your ticket. Live each day as if it your last, and to the fullest

Have a great day

Feather ASD2/Personna
Sorrentino Coca Cola brush
The Cold One Shave Soap /Aftershave
Thayers Lemon
MK Tribute EdT
88EB7707-6BAD-4DCD-BFC6-F73ECE11354E.jpeg
End of the week, and thank God it’s been a rough one. Looking forward to the weekend, nice weather, some cigars and preparing for the hot sauce show on Drinks n Daves @NurseDave

You’ve all heard that statement. “ have a coke and a smile”. So why not have a shave the same way?

This is always a fun set up, especially with that brush. I always find new things to stare at when I take a look at it Eric Sorrentino did a wonderful job on this.

Finished up with Cold one aftershave and followed by the wife’s favorite EDT in MK tribute

Looking forward to a good day hope you all enjoy the first day of your weekend while I enjoy my Friday. I’ll post the equation later on that ha ha

Have a good day

Gillete Techmatic / Gillette Tech Spool
Rubberset 400-4 / TGN Finest
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Alum
Quinns Pink Grapefruit Orange Rind WH
Aqua Velva Aftershave
Talc

05.12.2024.JPEG

Good Sunday Folks, and Happy Mothers day to those that put up with our nonsense each and every day. Also happy "Muthas" Day to all you Hooligans in the Cadre, LOL.

Today's shave is an "old school" shave or NASA shave, Apollo 11 shave etc., etc, due in large part to the techmatic that Michael Collins used during the Apollo 11 trans Lunar induction phase of the Mission to the Moon. Not the best razor, but unique in the fact that is is adjustable, and the blade sits in a spool, in a cartridge, and you can forward, via switch to always have a fresh portion of the blade. I guess I have also been recognized as the last person on this planet with a Large stock of the cartridges.

So, I take my moniker of Hoarder of the Techmatic Blades with pride, LOL. Having a complete box full.

Good in concept, and ok in reality. Today it was dialed in on 7.5 and with the slickness of the Williams in was very nice

Bowl lathered today with the Rubberset. 3-passes and a nice BBS shave. Finished off with Talc, some WH, and Good Ol' ICe blue AV for a finish. Perfect for a 90 degree + day

Hope everyone is enjoying Sunday

( Video posted )

PS we are T-Minus ( as of this post ) 53 hrs 20 mins and 15 second unitl the EPIC Hot Sauce Show on Drinks N Dave's @NurseDave @Spider @Ambalance

Have a great day Folks

Thank you for the holiday wishes.

Today's shave is an "old school" shave or NASA shave, Apollo 11 shave etc., etc, due in large part to the techmatic that Michael Collins used during the Apollo 11 trans Lunar induction phase of the Mission to the Moon. Not the best razor, but unique in the fact that is is adjustable, and the blade sits in a spool, in a cartridge, and you can forward, via switch to always have a fresh portion of the blade. I guess I have also been recognized as the last person on this planet with a Large stock of the cartridges.

So, I take my moniker of Hoarder of the Techmatic Blades with pride, LOL. Having a complete box full.

Good in concept, and ok in reality. Today it was dialed in on 7.5 and with the slickness of the Williams in was very nice
Aahh, the legendary Gillette Techmatic, my first ever razor. Mother bought me one when I was 15 and had visible fuzz at the corners of my mouth. Sliced myself horribly the first few times I used it, but got the hang of it eventually. Cool concept, but yeah, it lacked in performance as you stated. I’m convinced that if you looked at the exposed blade sections you’d find it was kind of wavy, from metal memory of when it was spooled.

Thank you for the holiday wishes.

Aahh, the legendary Gillette Techmatic, my first ever razor. Mother bought me one when I was 15 and had visible fuzz at the corners of my mouth. Sliced myself horribly the first few times I used it, but got the hang of it eventually. Cool concept, but yeah, it lacked in performance as you stated. I’m convinced that if you looked at the exposed blade sections you’d find it was kind of wavy, from metal memory of when it was spooled.
Yep wavy gravy

Genco Easy Aces 5/8
Sorrentino Pillars of Creation / Amack
Victory Shaving Co. Tough Ombre Shave Soap
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Clubman Reserve Gents Gin Aftershave
Ferrari Noble Fig EdT

05.13.2024.JPEG
One would not think that Black Cedar, Juniper, Fig and Lime would go together, however the synergy of those fragrances blend beautifully in this soap. Sadly Dale and Victory Shaving Co. is no more, and this was a very special offering that was made in conjuction with the TSC/CEC. Only 21 tins were made, and very proud to have No. 1 in the Limited edition. VCS had great soaps, mostly military themed.

The Easy Aces just fit the theme today and provided a very nice DSBBS shave. Followed up with scents that matched, Gents Gin and Fig made for a great "Matchy Matchy shave"

Hope you all are having a nice Monday!

(Video Posted)

Back