The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So in the past I have hosted...okay maybe hosted isn't the right term...let's just say I have guided you all. I have guided you all through monthly soap themes. Well, starting in April we are going to do something a little different. We will be doing Shave Themes! I am going to try to keep these very general and hopefully many of you will play along. This is a great way to get to know some of those products that you may not get to a lot. Or this might be a good opportunity to finish off a couple of soaps, creams, or aftershaves.

Here is how it works...

Just prior to the beginning of each month I will post a shave theme. You will then post in that monthly thread a description of your shave, a picture of your shave, a video of your shave, or whatever you would like. It's your show! Of course you don't have to post something every day. If you only want to post a shave when it fits the bill...go right ahead. You can play along everyday or just certain days. It's completely up to you.

The theme is highly interpretive. Meaning, if you think it fits the theme...then it does. No one is going to argue with you. Any part of the shave counts. If the brush is what makes the shave fit the theme, and nothing else does...guess what...it fits the theme! There are no wrong answers here. I think you all get the point.

TSC Artisan/Vendor of the Month. Each month a TSC Artisan/Vendor will be celebrated. It's not required, but highly encouraged, to celebrate the products that you have from the TSC Artisan/Vendors. But again...it is not required, and you don't have to showcase a particular product everyday. Just what you have and when you want to show it.

Okay, now that is out of the way...what is April's Theme?

The April Shave theme will be the "ABCs." And the TSC Artisan/Vendor will be @Mystic Water .

The way this works is that each day will be designated a letter of the alphabet and your shave will relate to it in some way. Be super creative if you want...some of the letters will require this of you. Or be very literal.

For example...day one will be the letter "A." You may want to shave with an apple scented soap. Or maybe the soap name starts with an "A." Or the soap maker. Or the entire shave is oriented around the Letter "A." With the letter "G." Maybe you shave with a razor that was given to you by your Grandpa. Again...there are no wrong answers here.

With the TSC Artisan/Vendor of the month...I encourage you to showcase one or more of their products. Again...April is dedicated to Mystic Water.

So to make things easy...here are the days that will correspond to each letter. Oh, and the last days of the month that are not assigned a letter, you can go back a pick a letter you missed! I hope you all have some fun with this!

1A
2B
3C
4D
5E
6F
7G
8H
9I
10J
12L
13M
14N
15O
16P
17Q
18R
19S
20T
21U
22V
23W
24X
25Y
26Z
27Any Letter
28Any Letter
29Any Letter
30Any Letter

Sounds fun! I'm in!!

giphy.gif

Just a friendly reminder...April Theme Shaves starts tomorrow! For April we are doing shaves that relate to the letters of the alphabet! So tomorrow will be the letter "A." Also, if you you want to throw in a shave with a @Mystic Water product...whether it relates to the themes shaves or not please feel free as we are celebrating Mystic Water as the TSC Artisan/Vendor of the Month!

This is my favorite theme shave as it helps you go thru more soaps in a month with a different one each day if possible. If I can only remember. May try to get them laid out on my calendar as a reminder......

This is my favorite theme shave as it helps you go thru more soaps in a month with a different one each day if possible. If I can only remember. May try to get them laid out on my calendar as a reminder......
Awesome Dave!

Hmm do I finish my 3017, do the ABCs, OR continue growing the beard???? DECISIONS!

Hmm do I finish my 3017, do the ABCs, OR continue growing the beard???? DECISIONS!
Umm...I hate 3017s and you are supposed to not have beards because of the Beer and Lime virus...the internet said so! Only one choice left Chad!

Stink I have a soap for EVERY letter at the beginning of the name of soap or maker except 3 - "Q" as I got rid of my Queen Charlotte "U" and "X" Been perusing the soaps to buy............ KJ @Spider KILLS this theme every time and wanted to join him.......
Get creative! It doesn't have to a product name or maker. It could be a meaning or someone gave you something...or...you know...anything!

Wednesday April 1, 2020
2020 Shave # 97 ( 513 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: SS Lupo
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (1)
Brush: Sorrentino Sea Foam
Soap: Dr. Jon's Arctic Hydra
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Nivea 2 into 1 Splash
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
IMG_20200331_221516695.jpg

1 April, 2020

A is for Agharta

IMG-3114.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
PAA "Agharta" Shave Soap
28mm Yaqi Tuxedo Synth
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Shave Bowl
1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
PAA "Agharta" Splash

PAA "Agharta" EdP

"A" is for Admiral

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Ladas (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming in collaboration with Chatillion Lux - Admiral
Brush: TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu )
The Penultimate Aftershave: Danger Elixir
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillion Lux - Admiral

1585754509772.png

It's April 1st! And normally that means April Fools Day. But I think the world right now has enough tomfoolery going on in it. But April starts off the Shave Themes and today is brought to you by the letter "A." So I opted for the collaboration between Declaration Grooming and Chatillion Lux and their soap ad aftershave called Admiral. A really nice scent that the wife actually likes, This is a huge deal because she is really overly sensitive to a lot of scents right now. And working from home might prove a little difficult because I can't just splash some on when I leave for work. Either way...man this is some good soap and a great shave! Three passes after several days of not shaving and I am looking pretty damn good right now!

Back