The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

APRIL 2019 TSC RADIO SHOW IS ON THE AIR!~

Okay, so I see it's actually called Arkadia. I bought that as a bath soap when I got a bunch to samples and the scent as a bath soap was too light on that one. Pharoah's Dreamsickle I'm using now is a nice strength
You are right, I found it in the master search listed as terre d'hermmes but that links to Arkadia. I think I have a sample of Arkadia in my drawer (I have a bunch if untouched samples to work through.)

Outstanding program today! I’m proud of what the page is becoming, and glad to see what friends we’ve become through our shaved hobby. Thinking back, I'm not sure but that Josh was our first contact with the Vector.

Outstanding program today! I’m proud of what the page is becoming, and glad to see what friends we’ve become through our shaved hobby. Thinking back, I'm not sure but that Josh was our first contact with the Vector.
Yep and he kept tempting me. I just wasn't in a position to blind buy and after Gus did the pass around I was sold.

An hour and a half? That’s going to take me a week to get through, lol.

Just saw that the radio show was posted. So excited! I'll start it on my home and try to listen to the rest of it tonight! Thanks a ton to the Three Amigos!

Listened to the first 15 minutes or so on my way home from work. Well done! I'll have a day or two more of competes before I finish.

Right, but you seem to be unhappy with that statement for some reason. 😜
Now I know how this guy felt

giphy.gif

Thanks Rich
An hour and a half? That’s going to take me a week to get through, lol.
oh just sit down, chips, Salsa, Beer, and a show
Just saw that the radio show was posted. So excited! I'll start it on my home and try to listen to the rest of it tonight! Thanks a ton to the Three Amigos!

Thanks
Listened to the first 15 minutes or so on my way home from work. Well done! I'll have a day or two more of competes before I finish.

Awesom
Great show.
But......
What do you mean that a fade is so easy that even a monkey can do it?
View attachment 2648

Yep even a Monkey and if that means you then indeed you could
A TSC monkey couldn’t?
Actually maybe you are right, they have complexes
According to Dave even I can do it.

Maybe...
Listened to the first half of the show...love it!

YAY!
Right, but you seem to be unhappy with that statement for some reason. 😜
He needs Monkey Therapy = Tamales
Now I know how this guy felt

giphy.gif

ROFL

Thanks

Still watching...... but some feedback.

Nurse Dave’s post it note calls, I thought, was a throw back to Dave in KY, who did his calls that way a long NG time ago....

Regarding the edit times and the fact that you guys want to limit it, to prevent not knowing the history.... I’m blown away that you guys can’t see the history of a post, and all of its iterations through edits. I know this is a feature for the mods of other forums.

One suggestion for Dave, is to maybe call on one or the other for a question, so that Chad and Chris don’t start talking at the same time as happened quite a few times. Not a big deal, but may help the flow.... or just keep it organic, whatever. Lol

KJ: Thanks for the comments it is really appreciated. In regard to the edit times. We can see the history of a post once it is reported, however to archive a complete post for almost 200 members and each post is not efficient and the bandwidth required is immense, archiving that much information would require moderation, and we do not feel that it is necessary. We feel that having this limit of 15 minutes allows one to really think about what they intend to post.

As to other forums I can only speak to one and it was so HEAVILY moderated that the members barely saw what was really said sometimes. We are three, we do not want the structured authoritarianism. We feel that members can moderate themselves, however, we need the extra set of eyes to remain completely transparent. Especially if there is a dust up and we have to get involved.

This is not a protection device for us, as we have the BIG switch, it is for our members and the transparency that we expect from our members and more importantly what you the members expect in freedom and from the three owners. Editing times are limited on most forums and again as we have stated if there is a post, or an error that needs to be changed a quick pm to us, and or a self reported post is quick and easy. It is this transparency that sets us apart from all other forums, but we have guideline we have established over time to give the end user the best experience and us the owners the most efficiency without have to add a bunch of folks to "watch everyone".

As to the 2nd item; We feel having it organic is best, we are not trying to win an emmy, we want it to feel as if we are sitting around a bar, shooting the breeze and not scripted. I know that it can be somewhat frustating to having folks talk over each other, however in real life it happens all the time when you have three strong personalities all trying to sy the same thing. That is the beauty of the organic, non edited verision. It is light, comical, and we never know what is going to be said. What you hear is exactly how it happened and happens in almost all of our conversations. It is real, and fresh

Again thanks for the great comments and I hope this clarifies things a bit

I finally got a chance to listen to the show this morning. Great show, I especially enjoyed the last half where all three of you were talking.

Thanks for addressing the reason why you all chose to limit the editing time, that makes perfect sense in context.

A bigger thanks for being open to do a series of tutorials on straight razors.

FWIW I used to be head moderator for a very large fitness forum, iirc over 100K members, but of course most of them were lurkers. It’s a struggle to get the moderation balance right especially as you say when more members start flowing in. The concept of limited editing for moderation reasons is an interesting one, that I hadn’t considered. But the owner of the forum I worked for was more heavy handed, so would actually go in and edit people’s posts, which led to controversy more than once. I like what you guys are doing here.

Back