The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

APRIL 2019 TSC RADIO SHOW IS ON THE AIR!~

40min in an I'll have to stop soon to pick up later. Participating in fund raising for causes was brought up. I like the idea, but I'm torn as well. If the TSC is going to sponsor fundraising, I would like to see that maybe three charities are picked and then the members vote on which one will be the TSC charity of the year. So each year we are possible supporting a different one. BUT, I know you guys are playing the economics of the site close to the vest and I wouldn't want adding a charity to take away from money that might be donated directly to the site. I'd rather not see ads splashed across the website as is not happening in many other forums.

40min in an I'll have to stop soon to pick up later. Participating in fund raising for causes was brought up. I like the idea, but I'm torn as well. If the TSC is going to sponsor fundraising, I would like to see that maybe three charities are picked and then the members vote on which one will be the TSC charity of the year. So each year we are possible supporting a different one. BUT, I know you guys are playing the economics of the site close to the vest and I wouldn't want adding a charity to take away from money that might be donated directly to the site. I'd rather not see ads splashed across the website as is not happening in many other forums.
Without getting into the weeds here I will say we talk about this concept often. The desire is to have the "cause" identify itself organically rather than be worked at. We (the three owners) have our own causes and/or organizations we would love to put the power of the TSC behind BUT that would be self serving rather than truly meaningful to the forum as a whole. You may (will) see evidence of what organizations we individually support but if we remain true to our goal it will be clear the TSC is not claiming to support those causes directly. And of course our TOU's limit the ability of a member to use the forum for personal purposes. I know you (@NurseDave have been involved in important causes and know first hand the power an influencer like the TSC forum could bring to bare if called to do so. WE too understand that power and hope that when the forum finds a cause to throw our weight behind it is one we (as a community) feel connected to. In short, I think we want to avoid "fundraising" for a random cause but would be willing to "support" a cause close to OUR hearts.

Our members have been quite generous so far and those donations (of funds , time and talent) have made it possible to do GREAT things. in fact the generosity of our member donors and what we have been able to do with those funds is a perfect example of what can be done to change the world when people of like mind choose to support a common cause.

I am personally more afraid the events that might lead us to a collective cause. More often than not a collective cause is born of shared personal tragedy ...and I don't want to be the source or part of such share personal tragedy.

Hey look what I found

Nice job, gents! (y)

Dave (the barbery one), your experience with the Vector (i.e. the one) is equivalent to what happened to me with my I2 Injector. It's hard to bleieve that anything could rival a straight, but yup, there it is.

BTW I enjoyed the Yard Sale and look forward to next year's spring cleaning event again. Not sure I will need more soap even then, as I think about 2.5 lbs came in over April. :ROFLMAO:

Nice job, gents! (y)

Dave (the barbery one), your experience with the Vector (i.e. the one) is equivalent to what happened to me with my I2 Injector. It's hard to bleieve that anything could rival a straight, but yup, there it is.

BTW I enjoyed the Yard Sale and look forward to next year's spring cleaning event again. Not sure I will need more soap even then, as I think about 2.5 lbs came in over April. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly!

He has it listed as Terre d'herrmes (Orange dirt is my own doing) You know you want it....
Hey look what I found

Okay, so I see it's actually called Arkadia. I bought that as a bath soap when I got a bunch to samples and the scent as a bath soap was too light on that one. Pharoah's Dreamsickle I'm using now is a nice strength

Back