The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Anyone up for a week of themed razor rotation?

Hands down my desert island razor
Friday September 13, 2019
2019 Shave # 258 ( 311 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (7)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Winter Reserve Shave Tonic
IMG_20190913_073912150.jpg

Saturday September 14, 2019
2019 Shave # 259 ( 312 Consecutive Shaves )
Blade: Feather Pro (8)
Brush: @Graydog Synthetic
Soap: Eleven DFS LE
Aftershave 2: Eleven DFS LE
Fragrance: Black Suede Leather
IMG_20190914_060022648.jpg

Hands down my desert island razor
Friday September 13, 2019
2019 Shave # 258 ( 311 Consecutive Shaves )
Blade: Feather Pro (7)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
Aftershave 2: Winter Reserve Shave Tonic
View attachment 8677
I have one as well! Great razor! I prefer Schick Proline or Kai Pinks in mine! I use it for both face and neck!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

@Dave, I'd forgotten all about the Vector, but that got me interested again. Blackland is sold out now, but maybe that will be the one modern high end I'll get someday.

I have one as well! Great razor! I prefer Schick Proline or Kai Pinks in mine! I use it for both face and neck!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff
Schick Proline definitely my favorite and have more coming from Japan as we speak. Was just trying the Pro to compare (y)

Not sure I'll keep this going every week but my Best Performer has to be the Blackland Vector with the Schick Proline Blade.
Sunday September 15, 2019
2019 Shave # 260 ( 313 Consecutive Shaves )
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Minion Stuart Synthetic
Soap: CBL Fresh Vetiver
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
IMG_20190915_072014170.jpg

Thanks for playing along everyone. I don't see it going every week either - though I do Tech Tuesday more often than not.

Here is a little fun for everyone who joined in and everyone else.

Super Sunday -

I missed my shave yesterday so rolled, Sat and Sun into one.

@bentheduck I got you covered on the Torrey, my most efficient straight. My favorite most efficient razor, the Gibbs adjustable, is STILL out at the shop (getting a bit perturbed now) but I find Techs to be amazingly efficient as well. Certainly more so than their reputation would say.

Soap, I was saving the inaugural use of Yakushima for a special occasion, and ending the themed week was it. All I can say is this is just wonderful stuff, a very nice natural smell, I can imagine being on the island walking between a grove of cedars and yuzu. Love it.

Finally a small ode to the lowly Sputnik blade, which did great service this week of shaves. This blade has snuck up on me, and now it my top rated blade believe it or not. Of course blade rating are subject to change on a whim.

Thanks for putting this on @Lbkindy, I think doing a few of these a year would be a nice idea.

@Dave in KY that vector has again peaked my interest, seeing as you used it for what the last 3 shaves, it most be a great performer. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver gets rave reviews, kudos on that one.

IMG_7807.jpg

Super Sunday -

I missed my shave yesterday so rolled, Sat and Sun into one.

@bentheduck I got you covered on the Torrey, my most efficient straight. My favorite most efficient razor, the Gibbs adjustable, is STILL out at the shop (getting a bit perturbed now) but I find Techs to be amazingly efficient as well. Certainly more so than their reputation would say.

Soap, I was saving the inaugural use of Yakushima for a special occasion, and ending the themed week was it. All I can say is this is just wonderful stuff, a very nice natural smell, I can imagine being on the island walking between a grove of cedars and yuzu. Love it.

Finally a small ode to the lowly Sputnik blade, which did great service this week of shaves. This blade has snuck up on me, and now it my top rated blade believe it or not. Of course blade rating are subject to change on a whim.

Thanks for putting this on @Lbkindy, I think doing a few of these a year would be a nice idea.

@Dave in KY that vector has again peaked my interest, seeing as you used it for what the last 3 shaves, it most be a great performer. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver gets rave reviews, kudos on that one.

View attachment 8731
I'll try to remember to do it again sometime. Thanks for playing along.

Thanks Cole. I like variety but if I had to pick a single razor it would be the Vector for me anyway. (y)

Back