The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Anyone else notice a difference around here lately ??

Sorry everyone.. I'm just sad today.... I thought of starting a journal , but then I looked at some of the journals and realized with the fact of not feeling like shaving often lately that I wouldn't have much to write .

Join the One Blade February challenge and the Williams 3017 threads..... there's sure to be a lot of banter in those threads!
I'll look into it.. Thanks.. I'll need to go get a puck from the local rexall ( they are only 99 cents there) and see if I can come up with something. But with my current shaving habits I don't know how I would fare with either the Williams or the One Blade Challenge.. I would probably still be using the same blade and puck this time next year...

Sorry everyone.. I'm just sad today.... I thought of starting a journal , but then I looked at some of the journals and realized with the fact of not feeling like shaving often lately that I wouldn't have much to write .
Ah dude, just put whatever's going on there. I haven't been doing it here lately for 'reasons' but when I did, it was only partially about shaving. That seems to be what most other folks do here too. Just get your crap out there, it's therapeutic.

I thought of starting a journal , but then I looked at some of the journals and realized with the fact of not feeling like shaving often lately that I wouldn't have much to write .
I'll second what Cole said. The Journals are for you. They are there to write whatever you want. It's your own place to write about your shaves and/or your life. Honestly, I really don't enjoy reading about peoples shaves. But what I do enjoy about the journals, is reading about what's going on in folks' lives.

Dude, I am lucky if I shave twice a week right now. I still comment in my journal from time to time and at least half of my journal isn't about shaving anyway.

I'll second what Cole said. The Journals are for you. They are there to write whatever you want. It's your own place to write about your shaves and/or your life. Honestly, I really don't enjoy reading about peoples shaves. But what I do enjoy about the journals, is reading about what's going on in folks' lives.
Okay. I will try to figure out what to name a journal and where to start.. I also like stories too ..

Dude, I am lucky if I shave twice a week right now. I still comment in my journal from time to time and at least half of my journal isn't about shaving anyway.
I can understand with the new baby. (which I hope all is well for you guys) you not being able to... I just haven't had an interest in shaving.. I will look at the journal thing more.. Thanks

Shaving is just an excuse for a journal. They're mostly about life and mundane things like garbage day. For example, somebody in the neighborhood got a Roomba, but the box and styrofoam were in my yard this morning when I took out the trash @6:45am when it was -16C (3F). Wasn't fun chasing it around in my t-shirt.
I see where you are coming from... Thanks...But....Why were you taking the trash out at that hour in a t shirt in that weather anyways.. ;) :)

I think some of the newer members may have came from previously repressed forums and just aren't engaging in some of the crazy antics that some of us here partake in and that's sad because people here should be able to be open and enjoy themselves because that's something I have always liked about here

jaro, i have skipped some shaves over last couple days too. In fact over the years, its been all over the place from super excited to meh. No biggie.

as a new member, my antics are definitely different than what I’ve mostly seen online (and irl) and I’m not exactly sure why. I think my diverse interests are just very different in breadth and depth. I’ve not been tested as much as my wife and kids tell me i have something wrong with me 😂. Pretty sure whatever i have is curable with some food.

Join the One Blade February challenge and the Williams 3017 threads..... there's sure to be a lot of banter in those threads!
Especially if you do both at the same time. Why did I do that? The same shave for a month......??!!o_Oo_O

Back