The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement An Open Letter to the GREAT members of the TSC..... and anyone else who is reading this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank, did you ever find out why you were banned at B&B?
Well here’s the short story. I supposedly was charged with vendor activity but I know I never ever mentioned my Dragonsbeard soap or aftershave on the site nor did I ever use it or post a photo of it as I knew that was against the rules. So when I finally got a response in an email from the mod who banned me as he spoke to me like I was some 3 rd grader who had committed some serious crime! I asked him for proof of my vendor activity. I said show me one thread, post or sentence anywhere on the site where I mentioned my product because based on what your accusations there must have been one that triggered your actions against me. I I also reminded him that I had inquired about a vendor section in an email exchange with another moderator a month or so before this situation and we both agreed I shouldn’t pursue it until my website was up and running.

So I still don’t have a clear answer but my gut tells me it had something more to do with me signing up on here as a member because only one week before I got banned I got a pm from a mod saying “ Oh I see you joined TSC. How do you like it? An May I ask you who asked you to join up over there. I never gave him a name and just said a member invited me to.. At the time I didn’t think it was a big deal as I know they knew I belonged to both DFS and the Shave Nook. One things for sure is they have their eyes on us over here!
That’s all I’ve got at this point. I’m going to write him back with some choice words I’ve been saving as it’s been over 3 weeks since I asked for the proof of my vendor activity and all I’ve heard are crickets so far.

Thanks for asking my friend. 👍🏼😊

Last edited:
@Dragonsbeard Once they get in their mind that you’ve done something wrong, they will not be proven wrong. They accused me of shilling for CBL. After I dig up everything I ever said about CBL and proving to them that I was just a fanboy and not connected to CBL at all, I was basically told that my evidence did not matter, and I was to just shut up and color. I was given a cease & desist order from ever mentioning CBL on their site for any reason, or I’d be banned.

Well, I really like it here. But I also really like the other place.

If EVERYONE took the high road we'd ALL be better off, lol. (And yes, I'm pointing at me!)

I honestly have had GREAT interactions with the Mods over there, and have done things over there that I'D BAN ME for, lol. But somehow I'm still welcome. Okay, maybe TOLERATED is a better word.

My problem there is not with the Mods. Mine is with some of the folks that I think can be rude sometimes. And YES I probably should hit the report button, but I have always hated tattletales, and believe in giving people a free reign.

And therein is the thing that amazes me: I can't always bite my tongue when someone is rude, and I make a smart alec comment that I think should get me banned. So far I've been blessed to be there. Lots of folks I consider to be my friends.

Gentlemen, when this was posted it was to defend and show that we here st TSC are proven to be transparent in everything we so and post where the cards fall and to give members some idea of the thought processes at the “other place”. Tjat being said, I indicated that the subject was placed behind us. Also due to a recent request my a member to delete a post. It made me realize that there are many of us that still hold high emotions concerning the events that have continually occurred. For that reason and to prove to the lurkers that we have proven report back to the “other place”. I am to lock this thread for futher comments. To also show that we as tue owners of TSC are above and beyond this.

That being said, futher discussions on this matter we not be moderated(so long it is per tie TOU)as you have the right to discuss, however i would ask to keep it above board and lets “KTWK”
Thanks for all you do, and for your continued patronage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back