The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement An Open Letter to the GREAT members of the TSC..... and anyone else who is reading this

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Good Day TSC Members:

As we approach the New Year, and as we get near the twilight of our 2nd Year as a forum, and begin our third, I though it was appropriate to comment on a few things. I am, speaking for myself, however, I would guess that this sentiment is and will be shared by my partners in this world we call "The Shaving Cadre. I admittedly have been a ghost for awhile, but after retirement, then out of retirement to school, and then into business as a barber, not to mention other personal issues, I have been trying to make a 33 hour day fit into 24. With that being said I want to publicly, and sincerely THANK my partners Chad and Chris for picking up my slack while I have been away. Also I want to Welcome all NEW members, Hobbyists, and Retail Partners, and continuing members for you patronage and support. This is a partial reason for this communication. More on that later

First some items that we as a forum dispelled from the very beginning from our "naysayers", moderators and ownership over at Badger and Blade (I hope they read this)

1. An un-moderated forum, self-policed by it's members will NEVER work...........Well Guess What idiots, it not only worked, but this is by far the most civil, member driven forum that has ever been established!

2. Vendors have no business talking to the members in an open forum about their stuff, and we will need to charge them large amounts of money, and keep them in line.......Again Mr. BrainTrust Moderators, it not only has worked, but the Retail Partners are appreciated every day and now feel they can speak freely, and talk to their customer base.

3. You must have members who donate to keep the place running an you have to give them titles, and force feed them the Kool-Aid of "The Badger"....HORSE HOCKEY! If members want to donate , they can. We run a tighter more close knit forum that you in All you years can even hope to imagine.

I mention these items, as I was given some information today that, if I was still a members over there, I would quite immediately, again, more on that in a minute...

I should say this 1st: YOU the MEMBERS of TSC ARE the LIFEBLOOD of this forum, this is something that I, nor my partners, will EVER, EVER FORGET!! Without you the TSC would not exist period.

So to the crux of this note: Although I have not been around much, I have been keeping up with some of the issues that our members have had over there when doing pass around, mentioning soaps, and outright being banned from the Elitist forum. It has also been mentioned to me that the following was a response given to one of their members. I can only assume it was due to the moving, back and forth, of threads to the Clubs and Brotherhoods. Which BTW, as a former steward of that place, was where threads were banished to die.

Here is the Quote from moderator DJH (a real pompous Tool) to a member. I will give you my comments below.
"The Thread in Question is back in the Clubs and BrotherhoodSub-Forum"
"I'm very glad to see that you are "ALL" (meaning you subserviant members) mindful of the fact that we are "Guests" of the owners on a Private Forum"

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? This proves to me how conceited, and dictatorial the "OVERLORD MODERATORS" are at Badger and Blade. To insult members that spend time, and money clicking away on adspace so the owners of B&B can take cigar trips to Cuba, and buy 600 shoes, to review. How much of an elite group do you think you are.

Well, Hats off to you B&B attitudes like that are our best advertising, and banning members only because they belong here, or mention CBL soaps, or that don't fit into the B&B mold.. B&B needs a crash course in CUSTOMER SERVICE...

Anyway there is my New Year rant. We can be very proud of what we have accomplished TOGETHER! Chad, Chris and I will NEVER forget how important each and every one of our members are, and will always be transparent in our communications. Let's make 2020 on for the record books

Happy New Year to you and yours from the TSC Family to you

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!!!

Dave, Chad, Chris, thank you for putting in place the building blocks for this humble corner of the internet. I think you created something special here, and I'd like to think we all recognize that and do everything we can to keep things straight. Every now and then we say things to offend people, but we apologise and move on because that's what gentlemen do. This has been an awesome experience and I love being able to share my shaves and even parts of my life with The Cadre.

Go on and take care of your business, we'll be here hanging out waiting for you.

First of all...DAVE LIVES!!!!

But most importantly...thanks @BarberDave @Cvargo and @CBLindsay for keeping the lights on here at TSC. We are but a small and humble forum. But we grow by the day. Dave's post makes me sad, but also proud. I built some good relationships over at the other place. People, like here, that I would consider my friends. By there were some practices that I didn't care for. And then I found TSC. It is nice to not feel stressed about what I post, or wonder about what others would think of my post, or in my case...often wonder why I was moderating a post. While I made great friends over there...I am certain I also made some enemies. But here at TSC...I feel free of these things. And if I did fear of what I was posting...I know my brothers and sisters here in the Cadre would gently nudge me in the right direction.

Thank you again Three Amigos for providing a civilized place for discourse. Things may change in the future...but I know that our owners and members have our best interests at heart!

Yes I saw what happened to Gus's passaround thread & Frank's shaveoff thread over at B&B and was disgusted at how these fine gentlemen were treated by the mods. Shame!!

And thanks to Dave, Chris, & Chad for creating TSC as it is a truly great forum for shaving & soap enthusiasts! Like Don said above, there are still some great friends over there that I interact with, but I'm so glad to be part of TSC!!

(P.S., the anniversary stuff here is absolutely awesome, excited to see what the goodies will be this time!!)

I’m thankful to have been among the early members of the Cadre, and proud of what we’ve done with the place. The work behind the curtains must be onerous sometimes, I’m glad we police ourselves with our content.
Especially thankful for life-changing friendship found here.

I agree with all that has been said about the TSC. Awesome place, great folks, growing every month. I would like to see the B&B bashing end. Live and let live. They can decide to treat people how they wish and we can continue to flourish in our corner of the internet. I like to think we don't need to waste any energy thinking about it other than continuing to invite people to our nirvana.

I am fairly new here. I actually joined the Cadre after that big to-do went down at B&B.

I was apart of the PIFs that were going on for the Tonsorial soaps. From a participant standpoint, that got super confusing. No warning or explanation ever came, and it happened right when winners were being drawn, I believe. Damn rude, imo.

Thankfully, because of that PIF, I started looking at the Tonsorial soaps on Chris' website. Saw a scent which intrigued me and looked for someone who either reviewed or used it so I could get an idea of how it smelled. I reached out to Dave, and he invited me to join here. So... He's to blame for your current infestation (me).

Seriously, I'm so glad I joined. There isn't this level of friendliness, comradery, or fun anywhere I've been. That explains why I have over 300 posts in around 2 months (and spend most of my time here).

I've already been trying to get others over. I've been nudging a few, and have some more in mind. Definitely need to double down on this in 2020.

Happy New Year everyone! Long live the Cadre.

I agree with all that has been said about the TSC. Awesome place, great folks, growing every month. I would like to see the B&B bashing end. Live and let live. They can decide to treat people how they wish and we can continue to flourish in our corner of the internet. I like to think we don't need to waste any energy thinking about it other than continuing to invite people to our nirvana.
I agree and will try to do better myself. I really couldn't care less and do it for fun jesting but understand it can get old too and also look bad when people don't know me. Dave, attempting to rise above mediocrity

Last edited:
Agreed! I used to be quite active on another forum, but there was a bit of trash talking other forums that carried on for too long, IMHO, and now they seem to be kind of languishing. I'd hate to see that happen here. In the words of the Black-Eyed Peas, "Be different, Be nice!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back