The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Aftershave of the Day

Maol Grooming FrankinLime
"Notes of frankincense are added to a traditional citrus accord to bring you something crisp, fresh, and unique. Lime, pink grapefruit, orange, and lemon provide the zest while lavender and rose round out a slightly sweet floral..." scent.

I like this aftershave a lot. I tend to use it after a citrus soap but it goes well with a lot of different soap scents. Today it followed a Murphy & McNeil Cliffs of Moher which is described by its maker as follows:
  • Standing on the cliffs with the wind at your back, this fragrance should remind of being between the green earth and fresh cold ocean.
  • Scent Strength: Medium
  • Top - Calone and Fresh Lavender
  • Middle - Greenery and Spice
  • Base - Vetiver, Musk, and light notes of Wood

Avon Tai Winds aftershave & cologne (vintage)

JXPq39H.jpg

Maol Grooming FrankinLime
"Notes of frankincense are added to a traditional citrus accord to bring you something crisp, fresh, and unique. Lime, pink grapefruit, orange, and lemon provide the zest while lavender and rose round out a slightly sweet floral..." scent.

I like this aftershave a lot. I tend to use it after a citrus soap but it goes well with a lot of different soap scents. Today it followed a Murphy & McNeil Cliffs of Moher which is described by its maker as follows:
  • Standing on the cliffs with the wind at your back, this fragrance should remind of being between the green earth and fresh cold ocean.
  • Scent Strength: Medium
  • Top - Calone and Fresh Lavender
  • Middle - Greenery and Spice
  • Base - Vetiver, Musk, and light notes of Wood
I hear Moal makes some really great aftershave with one of the best post shave feel. It's one my to buy list.

Back