The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Aftershave of the Day

All three are great. If I had to pick one I'd go with original Floid Blue. But since it's no longer available I'll go with Epsilon. No knock against AV. I like and use it as well.
It’s wild that they are so similar but yet there are nuanced differences. AV will always have a special place in my heart because it was my dad’s daily driver - but I prefer the Epsilon MB myself - to me seems to have a little more citrus. I’ve only tried the B&M Cool which is based on Floïd Blue - and I like it a lot - but I’ve never experienced the original. I remember finding an unused bottle about 18 months ago for about $138 - I wish I had jumped on it - but at the time was eyeing a razor and both weren’t in the budget

It’s wild that they are so similar but yet there are nuanced differences. AV will always have a special place in my heart because it was my dad’s daily driver - but I prefer the Epsilon MB myself - to me seems to have a little more citrus. I’ve only tried the B&M Cool which is based on Floïd Blue - and I like it a lot - but I’ve never experienced the original. I remember finding an unused bottle about 18 months ago for about $138 - I wish I had jumped on it - but at the time was eyeing a razor and both weren’t in the budget
$138?!??! Wow! Wonder how much I could get for what I have left? LOL! You can kind of see the line where the arrow is.

IMG-6523.jpg

$138?!??! Wow! Wonder how much I could get for what I have left? LOL! You can kind of see the line where the arrow is.

View attachment 54193
I think you should start at $50 and go from there - after all it was owned by the great Mark B! Given that I just found another on eBay (and the prices haven’t dropped - you’re sitting on a gold mine! Better than Bitcoin lol!

Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
4hnFou0.jpg

Back