The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Aftershave of the Day

I've never smelled Floid Blue, closest I've gotten is B&M Reserve Cool; my dad was an Aqua Velva (glass bottle) man - so that will always have a special place in my heart, but I definitely agree - it's nuanced but Epsilon Blue Mediterranean has that special something in it - though all three are similar- EMB takes the cake!
I like those blue aftershaves a lot too. Something about that blue liquid. Makes me think of the ocean.

My Dad always had Skin Bracer as his go to aftershave. For a gift my mom or I would buy him Old Spice and Brut for a bday or Xmas gift.

I remember asking him why he never used Aqua Velva? He told me he didn't like the scent. It didn't dissuade my curiosity away from it though.

I recall my first time smelling AV. My parents were playing cards at their friends place and on the bathroom counter was a 2\3rds full bottle of it. My conscious told me to leave it alone. But I had to know what it smelled like. Well it didn't disappoint me. I knew I was an AV man. Lol.

When I ditched the Electric razor for wet shaving. I made sure to have a bottle of AV in the Den and have never tired of the scent.

One of my biggest regrets in wet shaving is not trying Floid Blue. I couldn't believe it got discontinued. I thought it was pretty popular on the shave forums and sold well in Europe.

Heard Epsilon is similar to Floid Blue. So I bought the big bottle of it. At first I kind of liked it. But after the 4th time I really liked it. It just may be my favorite aftershave splash, if I had to pick one from my den.

Also hope to try Furbo blue one of these days. I've heard some good things about it.

Cigar Aficionado aftershave
KYPz07x.jpg

I like those blue aftershaves a lot too. Something about that blue liquid. Makes me think of the ocean.

My Dad always had Skin Bracer as his go to aftershave. For a gift my mom or I would buy him Old Spice and Brut for a bday or Xmas gift.

I remember asking him why he never used Aqua Velva? He told me he didn't like the scent. It didn't dissuade my curiosity away from it though.

I recall my first time smelling AV. My parents were playing cards at their friends place and on the bathroom counter was a 2\3rds full bottle of it. My conscious told me to leave it alone. But I had to know what it smelled like. Well it didn't disappoint me. I knew I was an AV man. Lol.

When I ditched the Electric razor for wet shaving. I made sure to have a bottle of AV in the Den and have never tired of the scent.

One of my biggest regrets in wet shaving is not trying Floid Blue. I couldn't believe it got discontinued. I thought it was pretty popular on the shave forums and sold well in Europe.

Heard Epsilon is similar to Floid Blue. So I bought the big bottle of it. At first I kind of liked it. But after the 4th time I really liked it. It just may be my favorite aftershave splash, if I had to pick one from my den.

Also hope to try Furbo blue one of these days. I've heard some good things about it.
I think it;s fantastic how scents elicit great memories!

Back