The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A Spartan's Tale

Outside of the scent, I hope you're able to dial in the cream and let me know how well it lathers. It has a great rep and isn't cheap, so I'm expecting some good things.
Yes, the lather was nice…just the big Silvertip is a hog. I easily could have squeezed another pass out of it. Looking forward to a few more days with it.

Hello friends,
I've been away from the forum for about 3 weeks. Too long a saga to go into, but suffice to say a Molotov cocktail of work and home ended up with me taking an unintended break. All is ok, and I hope to get back to the shaving talk (and jokes) with some sort of regularity.

As far as the 'Journey' part, I've been shaving regularly the last 3 weeks. Thought I'd get a little more time off work than I got, but it did result in me shaving almost everyday.
From several days with the Single Ring from @woodpusher
ssffe.jpg
to a Karve with a D plate
sdffre.jpg
to a Barbasol Floating Head
afreerre.jpg
to the last 4 days having a run with the Goodwill ending with today's shave
derefre.jpg
January 11th
Gillette Goodwill (replated in Gold) w PermaSharp
Omega Pro/ Walnut and Brass
Jeeves Apothecary SS
Thayers
Alt Innsbruck

Have a great day all!

January 12th and 13th
Yesterday:
Gillette Single Ring
TGN Finest/Maple
Haslinger Schafmilch SS
Thayers
Jeeves Tobacco Bay AS
wefeew.jpg
This morning:
Gillette NI 'Bostonian'
Oumo flattop boar/Rubberset 400 #3
Castle Forbes Lime
Thayers
Maol Frosted Frankinlime AS
asfergrg.jpg
Two of the oldest razors in my den (along with a Ball End Old type). The Aristocrat case for the Single Ring and the Bostonian that basically replaced it. IMHO, neither is as smooth as any of the NEWS that replaced them in the 30s, but still excellent razors. Looking pretty good for 100 years old, too. I need to start reading through the excellent journals that you all have done. Soon grasshopper, soon.
Have a great night all!

January 14th
Occam’s DE w PermaSharp
Omega Evo/ Burl&Resin
SV Felce Aromatica combo
Thayers
9F414994-B02B-46B4-8ABD-5274415FCBE7.jpeg
Happy Fougere Friday. Love this scent…Loved everything about this shave early this morning. Home now and ready for an Old Fashioned. Or two.
Off to finally start to catch up on the threads…been looking forward to seeing what folks are up to.
Have a great weekend all!

Look at all those posts this week!
fredheart.gif
😜

Back