The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A brand new release and an old friend is back in stock.

Will there be any more new scents in the next batch?

Thanks for asking.Next up is the release of the Dragonsbeard Shave Soap and other related products and I’m going to do some Skin Food splashes with new scents but not with a matching shave soaps. There will be at least one more summer scented shave soap and Skin Food splash this summer and then I’ll begin some fall and winter scents I have in mind. The other thing is I’ll be offering different scents that people can add to their Unscented soap to create a custom scent.

Thanks for asking!

Thanks for asking.Next up is the release of the Dragonsbeard Shave Soap and other related products and I’m going to do some Skin Food splashes with new scents but not with a matching shave soaps. There will be at least one more summer scented shave soap and Skin Food splash this summer and then I’ll begin some fall and winter scents I have in mind. The other thing is I’ll be offering different scents that people can add to their Unscented soap to create a custom scent.

Thanks for asking!

Hello,I would like to purchase some Dragonsbeard shaving soap and it matching aftetshave.Where is your online store?My number is 9544326955 and my email is juijitsu2000@yahoo.com.Thank you,Eugene Andersen
The very 1st post here explains what to do if you go back and read it but here is where to order from that post.

"I will start taking orders starting Sunday by email only at ethosgroomingessentials@gmail.com and using PayPal until the website is up. So Please don’t pm on here about the products as my inbox fills up really fast."

Hello,I would like to purchase some Dragonsbeard shaving soap and it matching aftetshave.Where is your online store?My number is 9544326955 and my email is juijitsu2000@yahoo.com.Thank you,Eugene Andersen

Thank you but the Dragonsbeard Shave soap and other products with the same scent wont be released for at least 4 to 5 weeks.

By then you can order on the website.

Thank you kindly for your interest in ETHOS!

Just a quick update

This is how a order for the Melange Di Argume shave soap only goes out to the customer.
Included is a 15 ml bottle of the essential oil blend and a soap scoop and a sample of the Skin Food splash. Be aware when opening that the sample could fall to the bottom in transit so make sure you don’t throw the box away with it in the box. Lol

DAAE64C8-16CA-4C9A-A969-23A887ECF554.jpeg

UPDATE!

Just a heads up.

So i just got in my " Hang Tags " I ordered and as you can see from the photo they say " Shake me I'm natural " natural ingredients may settle so please shake before usage. I thought I'd explain this in case anyone was wondering. So when using essential oils some act differently than others in formulas just to be clear. Since my Skin Food Splashes contain less than normal amounts of Alcohol because of the healthy dose of Aloe Vera and of course the EOS Complex along with other ingredients in my splashes this can sometimes create a issue I want to make known to all my customers. Some essential oils like Lavender and Sandalwood for example blend in with no issues whatsoever and the product looks crystal clear but in both my Citrus splashes Melange di Agrume and Fresh Lime some settle to the bottom if not used for a day or two. So these hang tags are just a reminder to always shake before use.

This is actually a normal thing and in fact I have two aftershaves from a company I happen to like that uses one Single Citrus Essential oil in their aftershave and because it comes in a dark bottle you can't see the separation happening but when I emptied the contents into a clear glass bottle it's no different than what happens to mine you just don't see it in the dark bottle. This also happens in other hair and body products but in a non transparent bottle you never see this happening as you can't see through the non clear plastic bottle so you should shake them as well.

A lot of guys I've talked to shake their aftershaves anyway out of habit even when the product does not have this issue but I wanted to make users aware to make sure to always do so before using the product when they receive their bottle. Yes I could add a Emulsifying agent to the formula to mix the oil and water but it would change the whole look of the product and dynamics as well making it cloudy and a bit more thicker in viscosity which I don't find appealing at all. I use clear glass bottles for my Skin Food Splashes and I want folks to know that if they see the essential oils settling there is nothing wrong with their product and to make them aware of shaking the bottle before they use it. This update may help members who use other aftershaves that use essential oils only in their formulas where this may be happening but they don't see it because of a non transparent container to give the bottle a shake before using it. These were the smallest hang tags I could find from the many printers I called and it looks bigger in the photo due to my awful photo skills than it is in person and I will continue my search for even smaller ones moving forward.

Thanks guys!

9Xh4XpcaQ+iPzWw8qH2tWw.jpg

Impressive Frank. I've not had time to spend on the boards over the last several weeks and it looks like I have missed some stuff but wow you've been a busy little bee. Congrats my friend and looking forward to these releases

UPDATE!

Just a heads up.

So i just got in my " Hang Tags " I ordered and as you can see from the photo they say " Shake me I'm natural " natural ingredients may settle so please shake before usage. I thought I'd explain this in case anyone was wondering. So when using essential oils some act differently than others in formulas just to be clear. Since my Skin Food Splashes contain less than normal amounts of Alcohol because of the healthy dose of Aloe Vera and of course the EOS Complex along with other ingredients in my splashes this can sometimes create a issue I want to make known to all my customers. Some essential oils like Lavender and Sandalwood for example blend in with no issues whatsoever and the product looks crystal clear but in both my Citrus splashes Melange di Agrume and Fresh Lime some settle to the bottom if not used for a day or two. So these hang tags are just a reminder to always shake before use.

This is actually a normal thing and in fact I have two aftershaves from a company I happen to like that uses one Single Citrus Essential oil in their aftershave and because it comes in a dark bottle you can't see the separation happening but when I emptied the contents into a clear glass bottle it's no different than what happens to mine you just don't see it in the dark bottle. This also happens in other hair and body products but in a non transparent bottle you never see this happening as you can't see through the non clear plastic bottle so you should shake them as well.

A lot of guys I've talked to shake their aftershaves anyway out of habit even when the product does not have this issue but I wanted to make users aware to make sure to always do so before using the product when they receive their bottle. Yes I could add a Emulsifying agent to the formula to mix the oil and water but it would change the whole look of the product and dynamics as well making it cloudy and a bit more thicker in viscosity which I don't find appealing at all. I use clear glass bottles for my Skin Food Splashes and I want folks to know that if they see the essential oils settling there is nothing wrong with their product and to make them aware of shaking the bottle before they use it. This update may help members who use other aftershaves that use essential oils only in their formulas where this may be happening but they don't see it because of a non transparent container to give the bottle a shake before using it. These were the smallest hang tags I could find from the many printers I called and it looks bigger in the photo due to my awful photo skills than it is in person and I will continue my search for even smaller ones moving forward.

Thanks guys!

View attachment 30238
I used that "Shake me, I'm natural" line on my wife just now. She just did something "unnatural" to me!

Hit me up side the head dog gone!

Impressive Frank. I've not had time to spend on the boards over the last several weeks and it looks like I have missed some stuff but wow you've been a busy little bee. Congrats my friend and looking forward to these releases

Thank you AJ

Good morning Cadre!

I’ve been asked how to use the Aroma blend that comes with the Melange D’Agrume Shave soap when wanting to boost up the scent so I put together a bunch of ways not only I recommend which everyone knows I’m a believer in bowl lathering and keeping water out of the jar but I also realize that not everyone is going to do that do based on feedback and some of my customers suggestions and personal experiences using the Aroma blend.
Ok you can use the aroma blend in a few different ways. The best is put 1 or 2 or more drops in a shaving bowl and then after loading your brush build your lather in the bowl. If you are face lathering then load your brush and then again put 1 or 2 drops on the tip of the brush and then lather up as normal. I have had a couple of guys who are palm or what’s sometimes called hand lathering and it’s the sane technique as bowl lathering as you put the drops in your hand and after loading your brush start building your lather in the palm of your had and again begin to lather up your face.
The last method is if you load from the jar is put the drops on the surface of the shave soap and load your brush as normal.

I thought I’d share this info in case some of you are trying to figure out how to use the Aroma bleeds as I’m sure there will be more in the future.

Thanks Cadre!

31CFE9F2-97C1-44E7-A9B9-EBFE5F119681.jpeg

I personally put a few drops on my pillow before bed at night so that I wake up already feelin' and smellin' AMAZING! ...and inspired to shave!!! :sneaky:
To ETHOS his (or her) own!!!

In all seriousness, I have found the scent strength of my ETHOS Melange D'agrumes to be absolutely spot on! -- Not too weak or too strong and no observable indications, thus far, that it is waning.

However, I do find comfort and delight in the supplied Aroma Blend dropper that @Dragonsbeard provides with this incredible shave soap! I may actually break it out someday and massage a drop or two to into my brushes after "brush cleaning day" or something of that nature.

Frank just seems to think of EVERYTHING,... and I second that emotion!

In all seriousness, I have found the scent strength of my ETHOS Melange D'agrumes to be absolutely spot on! -- Not too weak or too strong and no observable indications, thus far, that it is waning.

However, I do find comfort and delight in the supplied Aroma Blend dropper that @Dragonsbeard provides with this incredible shave soap! I may actually break it out someday and massage a drop or two to into my brushes after "brush cleaning day" or something of that nature.

Frank just seems to think of EVERYTHING,... and I second that emotion!
Spot on with my thoughts. Haven't needed it but glad I have for experimenting in the future 😎

Back