The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A brand new release and an old friend is back in stock.

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Hello again

So I’m excited to release my latest Shave Soap and Skin Food splash. Mélange di’ Agrume
This is a Grapefruit forward scent using essential oils of 50% Ruby Red, 20% Pink, and 10% White, Grapefruit along with 10% Yuzu and 10% May Chang.

So as some may knows when Citrus EO’s which are Top notes will fade away or loose a lot of their scent strength when put into heated soap. Especially if your not using at least a heart or a base note to help hold them together but then they wouldn’t smell the same and would not be a straight city’s. Yes you can still smell the scent but it is mild. I did not want to use a synthetic Grapefruit fragrance oil which can make it stronger but for me it just doesn’t do it as I can pick out the synthetic notes easily. So I’ve decided to do something a little different. So when you order the Shave soap you will get a bottle of the full strength Mélange di’ Agrume essential oil blend/scent in the matte white glass dropper bottle you see in the photo above. I used the Shave soap yesterday and I added 3 drops to my shave bowl Shortly after starting to whip up a lather and the scent really jumped out. You can also add it to the tip of your brush as well if you are a out of the puck latherI person. I also thought it would be cool as folks not only could adjust the scent strength in their soap but in the Skin Food splash if they so choose to do so although for me it’s fine the way it comes but it is an option. This is the first of a new service I’ll be offering my customers and that is customizing. In fact shortly I’ll have a new Collection added to the current ones and it’s called the “ Custom Collection “ when it’s ready I’ll go into much more detail about it but this will give you a little taste of things to come from ETHOS Grooming Essentials.

I will start taking orders starting Sunday by email only at ethosgroomingessentials@gmail.com and using PayPal until the website is up. So Please don’t pm on here about the products as my inbox fills up really fast.

Also the Lavender Supreme is back in stock for those that were waiting for it. I let the soaps cure longer than the first release and I’m glad I did as I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you all for your support. It is very much appreciated.

BA9C3D33-260C-464C-858F-34A765326944.jpeg5CB72E95-4F54-4C7F-ADB5-B1C3BE08FA3E.jpeg

Last edited:
Frank, can you please expound on the customizing of scents? How will this work? What scents are you offering?? Sounds unique; at least I have neither heard of this nor encountered it elsewhere. What kind of price points are you contemplating?

Frank, can you please expound on the customizing of scents? How will this work? What scents are you offering?? Sounds unique; at least I have neither heard of this nor encountered it elsewhere. What kind of price points are you contemplating?

Hi Dan

Thanks for asking. So once the website is up and you go to the Clean Unscented Shave Soap, The First Lather - Lather booster & slickness enhancer roll ons and very soon both the Skin Food Splash & Skin Food lotion in the unscented and there will be a drop down box where you can pick from different scents. For example is you want to customize the unscented soap you will be able to purchase any of the scents I'm offering and you can add a bottle of it to your shave soap. order. This way you can add that scent to your shaving bowl or to the tip of your brush after lathering up. If your picking up the Replenish 2% Hyaluronic Acid Serum there is also a drop down with a good selection of custom hydrosols and floral waters scents to choose from. When picking out one of the 3 post shave Reméde Revitalizing Serums same deal. It comes unscented but there is a drop down menu where you can pick from Essential oil blends, Single note EO's and all of the matching scents that are in the Shave Soaps and Skin Food splashes as well. I will add more options as time goes on.

Price points on custom scents will all be relative to their costs. A Lemon EO would not be as much as an East Indian Sandalwood oil for example. BTW all the scents will be also sold separately under fragrances which is where the EDT and EDP will also be found.

Hope that explains it. If not feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks and welcome to TSC.

Last edited:
Frank, I know that's a lot of moving parts, but that sounds awesome. Thank you for taking the time to type all the details out. I think it'll make even more sense once the site is up and running.

Frank, I know that's a lot of moving parts, but that sounds awesome. Thank you for taking the time to type all the details out. I think it'll make even more sense once the site is up and running.

I agree it will actually be easy to navigate and once folks see it I think all the customizing features will also be easy to understand.

thanks for the good post! 😊👍🏼

The sample of first lather I have been using is awesome, it definitely adds slickness to simple soaps like Prorasso and boosts the cushion also

Mark I think you’ll see the newer formula is even better. I changed the base since sending out testers.

[Image: tHWlCGv.jpg]
For those that have been asking.

Melange Di’ Agrume 7 oz Shave Soap $36
Melange Di’ Agrume 2 oz Skin Food Splash $26
Dropper bottle of the Essential oil Aroma blend Free with each Shave Soap and a soap scoop.
The Set comes with the Shave soap and Skin Food splash, dropper bottle of the Aroma blend plus a soap scoop and sample of another Skin Food splash of your choice

Thanks for all the inquiries and orders

(y) 🙂

[Image: tHWlCGv.jpg]
For those that have been asking.

Melange Di’ Agrume 7 oz Shave Soap $36
Melange Di’ Agrume 2 oz Skin Food Splash $26
Dropper bottle of the Essential oil Aroma blend Free with each Shave Soap and a soap scoop.
The Set comes with the Shave soap and Skin Food splash, dropper bottle of the Aroma blend plus a soap scoop and sample of another Skin Food splash of your choice

Thanks for all the inquiries and orders

(y) 🙂
Hey Frankie,
When you get a chance, take a look at your emails. I've sent you two of them but, forgot to put topic in subject header. Let me know that you got them. They are both for orders on your products. Sorry about that.

All the Best,
Gus

Hey Frankie,
When you get a chance, take a look at your emails. I've sent you two of them but, forgot to put topic in subject header. Let me know that you got them. They are both for orders on your products. Sorry about that.

All the Best,
Gus
Found them Gus!
Thanks my friend! 😊👍🏼

Back