The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

5th Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

The month is over... congrats you made it!

So how did you do? Did everyone make it the whole month on a single blade? How many shaves?

I did miss one shave this month, so I got 27 on my Personna so far.

If you are still going to continue on your blade, please do periodically update this thread, and let us know how many shaves you get when you finally bin it!

Blade has 28 shaves on it and is still going strong. Will keep using this for the rest of the week at least

27 shaves in February. Like @Spider , I missed a day. I had to skip a shave for an early morning at Disneyland....so nice trade off.

8 as usual! The blade is still in great shape too unsurprisingly. i'm delighted i didn't do the Williams thing at the same time.

The hardest thing was that i had a razor arrive during the first week and i have been looking at this thing on my desk and cursing at the timing.
Sunday we dance.

T

33 on the Feather Pro-Guard

giphy.gif

Currently at 47 shaves on my Gillette Platinum and the blade seems to be just fine. It feels like it is starting to lose efficiency, but it is still getting me to BBS.

56 shaves on the Gillette Platinum. It is losing some of its efficiency, but it is still giving good results. I probably need to flip it again.

After 78 shaves on this blade it is still giving me BBS results. It takes a bit more blade buffing, but I am still getting there with little to no irritation.

77 shaves!!!! I can't believe how many blades I've tossed long before this point. So many blades wasted. So many shaves unshaved.

89 today and I can say I recognize the difference between this and a new blade, but it is still quite serviceable.

77 shaves!!!! I can't believe how many blades I've tossed long before this point. So many blades wasted. So many shaves unshaved.
I don’t expect anyone to routinely use a blade as long as I normally do and even if it’s just a few people in this thread, if you guys start using your blades just a little bit longer than you normally do then I’ve done my part to help save the planet.

I don’t expect anyone to routinely use a blade as long as I normally do and even if it’s just a few people in this thread, if you guys start using your blades just a little bit longer than you normally do then I’ve done my part to help save the planet.
WWSD?

My soap is gone, so I'll give up the minimalist thread and continue to update the progress of my blade here.

Today was 408!

I had an idea that I need to get around to doing, but I wanted to get out my microscope and compare this blade to a brand new one and see how different they look.

My soap is gone, so I'll give up the minimalist thread and continue to update the progress of my blade here.

Today was 408!

I had an idea that I need to get around to doing, but I wanted to get out my microscope and compare this blade to a brand new one and see how different they look.
Can we really call this an "annual" challenge if you continue to use the same blade more than a month into the next year?

Back