The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

5-4-3-2-1 Challenge Videos!

I have but only use like 3 the past year. I don't use after shave and only use 1 balm. I do have 3 brushes I use and I'm sure I have a razor or two and at last 1 blade.
So it would be 3-1-3-2-1.
Since I started this challenge, let me encourage you to consider any post-shave products in the 4 (alum, styptic pencils or gels, cold water v. hot water). You can doooooo it!

I want to apologize if I have violated the Members Videos Terms of Use in anyway. I just read them and posted a reply for clarification. I hope I have not already offended the community. I do often link to other channels in my videos as a way of giving credit, and I do ask for subs, like/dislikes, comments, and notifications at the end of my videos. I am also unsure what is meant by "no advertising of your channel." Help a n00b out and let me know if I am misinterpreting the TOUs. Thanks!

I want to apologize if I have violated the Members Videos Terms of Use in anyway. I just read them and posted a reply for clarification. I hope I have not already offended the community. I do often link to other channels in my videos as a way of giving credit, and I do ask for subs, like/dislikes, comments, and notifications at the end of my videos. I am also unsure what is meant by "no advertising of your channel." Help a n00b out and let me know if I am misinterpreting the TOUs. Thanks!
You're cool brother! Glad to have you here. I hope you explore the forums and chat it up with us. I see in your sig you're into fountain pens and this friggin TSC had made that my new obsession. Come tell us about what you're into in the pen thread.

Nice job Eric! Looked fine to me. Barely noticed the autofocus issues, only really cause you said something, lol.
Thanks Chris! It was driving me a little crazy.
Strong work, Eric! I'm intrigued by your frag of choice. I'll bookmark it and check it out after a couple of other responsibilities.
Thanks Ben! It's great stuff. If I get one of those little decanters that suck the frag out of the bottle I'll send you some to try.
@Smattayu Great job Eric! Professional backdrop, looked like you have a studio to film at :cool:
Lol thanks Dave. It was the only place I could find room to make the video.
Thanks for passing it on! I have added you to the playlist elmerPHuD's 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Challenge - YouTube
Thanks! And thanks for getting this started. It was fun and I look forward to doing it next year.
Thanks for posting. It was neat to hear about your first brush. Sorry you had to record in an interview room of the local PD.
I'm just glad they let me bring my shaving gear in there with me.

Following in some others footsteps. Here are my selections, in no specific order.

5 Soaps
  1. MWF
  2. Stirling Deton-8
  3. CBL Patchouli
  4. PAA AA Bay Rum
  5. WSP Gaelic Tweed
4 Post
  1. Stirling Deton-8
  2. Aramis AS
  3. Nivia 2 in 1
  4. Avon Clint
  5. Witch Hazel
3 Brushes
  1. Stirling boar
  2. Zenith boar
  3. DS Cosmetic badger
2 Razors
  1. Henckels SR
  2. Gillette Slim
1 Blade
  1. Wizamet
So with that, I will tag @SteveChuckFrank.

I apologize for not having the time to do a proper video, but didn't want you guys to think I was ignoring you! I was called out by @Cvargo and @MilkCrate.

In no particular order:

5 Soaps
1. Stirling Sharped Dress Man
2. WSP Blackbeard
3. CBL Oud Minerale
4. Razorock Blue Fougere
5. Oz Shaving Co. Wicked
(I don't have experience with a lot of different soaps so these are the main ones I currently use lol)

4 Post Shaves
1. Stirling AS
2. WSP AS w/menthol
3. Nivea ASB (sensitive skin formula)
4. Dickinson's witch hazel

3 Brushes
1. Wild West Brushworks 2 Band Badger
2. Stirling Synthetic
3. Eveready mystery badger

2 Razors
1. RazoRock Game Changer .84p
2. Colonial Razors Aluminum General

1 Blade
1. Parker Platinum

I'm sure just about everyone has done this already, but I'll nominate @bentheduck, @uacowboy and @BarberDave...If they've already done a write up or video, maybe they can tell a really bad dad joke instead lol.

I apologize for not having the time to do a proper video, but didn't want you guys to think I was ignoring you! I was called out by @Cvargo and @MilkCrate.

In no particular order:

5 Soaps
2. WSP Blackbeard
3. CBL Oud Minerale
4. Razorock Blue Fougere
5. Oz Shaving Co. Wicked
(I don't have experience with a lot of different soaps so these are the main ones I currently use lol)

4 Post Shaves
1. Stirling AS
2. WSP AS w/menthol

3 Brushes
2. Stirling Synthetic

2 Razors

1 Blade
1. Parker Platinum

I'm sure just about everyone has done this already, but I'll nominate @bentheduck, @uacowboy and @BarberDave...If they've already done a write up or video, maybe they can tell a really bad dad joke instead lol.
Did you hear the rumor about butter? Well, I'm not going to spread it!

In no particular order:

5 Soaps
2. WSP Blackbeard
3. CBL Oud Minerale
4. Razorock Blue Fougere
5. Oz Shaving Co. Wicked

4 Post Shaves
1. Stirling AS
2. WSP AS w/menthol

3 Brushes
2. Stirling Synthetic

2 Razors

1 Blade
1. Parker Platinum

Good to see ya Steve

Did you hear the rumor about butter? Well, I'm not going to spread it!
giphy.gif

Back