The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

5-4-3-2-1 Challenge Videos!

d1c3d7528926bd0002a74341a44329bd.jpg

Now I'll be hunting a Wilkinson Pall Mall razor when off the "S" thing......
I am curious about that Pall Mall, and mainly how it compares to other, more accessible razors. I have a couple of Wilkinson Empire razors, that will take GEM blades, and I'd assume they'd shave about the same. Also wondering if the shave is similar to a Valet Autostrop. (Which are all over the place).. @The Monkey, have you used either of these to compare?

I am curious about that Pall Mall, and mainly how it compares to other, more accessible razors. I have a couple of Wilkinson Empire razors, that will take GEM blades, and I'd assume they'd shave about the same. Also wondering if the shave is similar to a Valet Autostrop. (Which are all over the place).. @The Monkey, have you used either of these to compare?
I used an Empire from @CBLindsay but with the original honed blade. Felt tuggy to me and didn't know it took gem blades as well o would have tried it. Never used a Valet as I never had one with a usable blade. Don't tell me they take Gems also.............

Never used a Valet as I never had one with a usable blade. Don't tell me they take Gems also.............
OK, I wont tell you that.....

.... but if anyone else is wondering, yes.... "Some" Valet AutoStrop razors will take GEM blades.

OK, I wont tell you that.....

.... but if anyone else is wondering, yes.... "Some" Valet AutoStrop razors will take GEM blades.
KJ, when you have time can you do a thread on Valets and which will work with a Gem blade. My Mind Blown....

My empires give a good shave but a like shaving with a tank. The Pall Mall is just so minimal that is light and nimble (for a gem blade). I haven't used my Valet for a long time so I cant remember how it would compare.

Back