The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

4th Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

At 40 shaves, I called it on the Bic SP. Wasn't getting terrible shaves, but they definitely weren't as comfortable as a newer blade, so decided it was time to move on. Another great year!

I've somewhat lost track, because I've taken a few days off shaving, but I believe I'm at around 85 days on my Personna. This is definitely the longest I've used a Personna (that I've tracked, at least). And I swear, it's just as smooth as it was when I started.

@dkeester @Fightingillini22 @EMG06 @b1hart @Quijote @ICETEE @SteveChuckFrank @LW12 @woodpusher

Out of curiosity gents.....

1. When do you normally change out a blade? After a set number of shaves, after you notice tugging/pulling, after you feel roughness during a shave, or something else?

2. How many shaves, on average do you get out of your go-to blades?

3. What's your record, for the longest you've used one single blade?
Most blades give me three to five shaves. I just used a KAI for five shaves in the last ten days. I think seven, maybe eight, is the limit for me. I can't imagine using one blade for a month.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

105. This blade will not slow down! I'm wondering if this Personna will outlast the immortal Feather? 🤔

105. This blade will not slow down! I'm wondering if this Personna will outlast the immortal Feather? 🤔
iu

164 as of today.

18 more days an it'll be half a year on one blade.

I should have kept track of my shaves better on the two Nacets I have in my DEs right now. I stopped tracking after 20, and am very sure I'm at 60+ on them.

164 is wicked impressive! (y)

179 Today. I didn't use this razor while I was traveling over the weekend. If I use it all week, I'll hit 183 this Friday and that will be a half year of shaves.

I lost track of a day or two, my last update didn't get submitted like I thought, but I think I'm up to 196. Should hit 200 this weekend!

Back