The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

3rd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

I’ve been making that point for years! And it’s at the heart of why I think so many folks give up on a blade before it’s usefulness is actually over.
100% agreed. With blades being so cheap I don't foresee myself stretching blades much but it's always something good to keep in mind.

I’ve been making that point for years! And it’s at the heart of why I think so many folks give up on a blade before it’s usefulness is actually over.

Hey my friend - what is your highest? I know that you've been well over 100 shaves. There is this guy on reddit (sgrdddy_shaves) that has one of his Nacets on 407 shaves. At the pace you, Ryan, and he are going - you could make a sleeve of 100 blades go at least a half a century or more.

Instead of having one razor, one brush, one soap, one AS for life- you guys could do one blade for life 🤪

Hey my friend - what is your highest? I know that you've been well over 100 shaves. There is this guy on reddit (sgrdddy_shaves) that has one of his Nacets on 407 shaves. At the pace you, Ryan, and he are going - you could make a sleeve of 100 blades go at least a half a century or more.

Instead of having one razor, one brush, one soap, one AS for life- you guys could do one blade for life 🤪
My max so far is 115. This challenge, I made it to 114, but was stopped short by the TSA, I'm sure I could have gone much longer. At 100 shaves per blade, 100 pack would last 27 years. So I have enough blades for the rest of my life, never need to buy them again.

I had to revisit this thread. After February's failed attempt at beating my previous record (my fault for being dumb, not the blades fault, it didn't give up on me), I decided to go for it again. In July, I started again with a fresh Feather blade in my AS-D2. This past weekend, I finally broke my previous record. Today was shave 118 on the Feather blade and still going well. There is a slight reduction in shave closeness compared to a fresh blade, but no discomfort, pulling or anything wrong with the shave experience. And it hasn't hit my closeness threshold to give up the blade yet, so I'll continue on. We'll see how much longer it will hold out. Will I make it to the end of the year? Maybe....

go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

End of November….. 131 shaves. Calling it, the last few shaves were not as close. Big drop off for the last 4-5 shaves. But wanted to see it through the end of the month.

Now I’ll take a break, and use some stuff I’ve been anxious to try. I’ve got a couple of month until we do this all again!

Back