The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement 3rd Anniversary

I wish we could get more members involved in the Zoom calls. Not sure if folks are afraid to join, or just apprehensive, or what. But it's not exclusive at all. We're always happy to have new folks join.
For me they all usually happen during "the magic hour" aka that special time where the day is done, kid is out, and the wife and I have some time to just hang out. Yeah you folk are cool, but I think you know what you're competing with here ;-) [let them think what the whinky implies , while for real it's just loafing on the couch watching Rifftrax]

Thanks.

Except that part about Zoom...… I wish we could get more members involved in the Zoom calls. Not sure if folks are afraid to join, or just apprehensive, or what. But it's not exclusive at all. We're always happy to have new folks join.
Yes I agree I wish more would join the zoom calls.. I have only been a part of a few of them but those have been a lot of fun and I plan on joining more when I'm able.. It seems like for me that either something seems to come up right when its time to join or I simply just wasn't able to that time.. The zoom calls are fun and I would highly recommend that anyone who hasn't joined needs to.. There is no reason to feel apprehensive to anyone if you haven't participated in one before because I remember my first zoom call ( when chad put up his microwave ) I had never logged into one but it was like everyone there was like "okay so you are jaro " and I said yes but told everyone there my name and we all just immediately started talking and it was quite enjoyable... So Anyone who has been curious just needs to hit those sign up sheets when the next zoom call is announced and join the fun !!

For me they all usually happen during "the magic hour" aka that special time where the day is done, kid is out, and the wife and I have some time to just hang out. Yeah you folk are cool, but I think you know what you're competing with here ;-)
For us the calls seem to happen when my wife is just getting home from work and she has to get in the shower and get cleaned up before she can be around us so I'm still watching the kids or its time to feed the kids then bathe them and then it's to late to join because they are almost over or are over.... And I could only wish that your reason was the same reason I couldn't join ;) but that excuse has been absent from my house for several years now !! With everything going on there just never seems to be the time for that and when there is there always seems to be another reason we can't...Ahh the joys of 3 school age kids !! But that's okay...

My first and only zoom call (so far) was New Year’s Eve. As soon as I popped on everyone said hi like I was Norm walking into Cheers. No reason to be apprehensive with these guys.

I can hardly believe it already been 3 years! It’s been quite a ride. We started out as bloggers and early vloggers and have created one of my favorite places to hang out on the interwebs. I’m very honored to be among you guys with whom I feel like we’ve developed genuine friendship. Truly a fraternity that started with a shared hobby and has blossomed to so much more! I know that someday we’ll have a meetup and we’ll have a magical time as we have gotten to know each other quite well despite having not physically met. I do treasure the one meetup I’ve had with Barber Dave, and all the virtual meetups with that wonderful new zoom software.

Last edited:
I stumbled across TSC while trying to chase down @CBLindsay on another shave forum as he sent me pucks of Williams Tonsorial and Colgate Barber years ago that I finally got around to trying out last summer. What stunned me upon arrival was that Chris' generosity permeated this forum. While it was occasionally seen on that other massive site (as evidenced by Chris sending me those hard to find vintage soaps years ago) it's few and far between. It's the fact that most everyone I've interacted with here on the TSC has been kind, welcoming, generous, and all-around good people that keeps me coming back day after day. In fact, I rarely go anywhere else now.

Thank you Cadre, and here's to many more years!

I just bought a 3rd Anniversay Mug and a Zoomin Mug. Can't wait to add these to my collection!

Wow 3 years already. This place has been a rock during this year. I haven't been around a huge amount but it is great that the gang is all here anytime I need them.

It seems like only yesterday that KJ was sending me a message to come visit him on this new site.....the old site having turn into a bit of a mess. I wish I had more time to devote to hanging out 'round here but the bills don't pay themselves. I'll step it up here shortly as I'm now an empty nester and I'm starting to see more free time in my near future. Congrats on 3 years.

Congratulations on the anniversary! I've been sort of scarce lately because life, but I'm definitely going to be around more regularly in the future!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How time flies when you're having fun! Three years, and the last one being under lockdown. Thanks guys for making this a great place to hang out in (even though I haven't been too good at that lately).

Back