The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement 3rd Anniversary

The Shaving Cadre Owners

TSC Staff
Staff member
Owner
Well the time has come on 3/15/2018 three friends Chad, Dave, and Chris decided to officially start their own forum revolving around shaving and other gentlemanly pursuits. It started very small and was on Facebook. We had 12 core people that where here first. We refer to them as "Legacy" members. We quickly realized that we needed something more, so we transitioned to a very cheap software and purchased domains. This allowed us to get off the ground and begin doing what each of us knew best. We began to evolve and learned more about coding than either of us ever thought we would. As we grew our software became insufficient and the dark days came. The site would randomly crash and it caused for some very late nights for the 3. But people believed in our vision and our mission to have a primarily self moderated forum where the members determine the topics at hand, and people are invited to be more open about their opinions while ensuring that everything is kept civil. With artisans, vendors, hobbyists, and members joining the forum and purchasing space on the forum or just making random donations the Cadre was able to have enough capital to safely transition to the Xenforo software. Unfortunately we where down longer than we expected but eventually it was stable enough to go live. Just within the last 6 months is where we as owners feel strong enough that the site practically runs itself. Yes we do have the occasional member who doesn't buy into the vision or mission but these issues are rapidly decreasing. Our numbers over all are rapidly increasing, as of writing this we have 557 members and at times we have over 100 looking at the forum at once. We have some of the best artisans in the world as members of this forum, and some of the most talented hobbyists here as well! Our membership is truly a brotherhood, whether you just read along, participate in the SOTD, update a daily journal, play bingo, post videos, talk about hot peppers, discuss your scotch, bourbon, wine, or join in our weekly zoom sessions; please know that you all mean a lot to us owners you are our friends and brothers.

So with that being said we as owners vow to continue down this path, to provide the BEST free forum that is ad free! We rely on our members, hobbyists, and artisans to keep this place running and we are happy to say it is self sufficient.

Every year we have done something to commemorate and while this year it might appear smaller we want to thank you all for everything! So here is our limited logo that will appear on the site for a short period of time. Also there will be some limited items on Zazzle with the new logo, these items will ONLY be available for a limited time as well! A portion of every Zazzle sale goes to the Cadre general fund. If you feel so inclined to donate to the TSC general fund you can do that here, no obligation. paypal.me/TheShavingCadre

TSC 3.jpg

Links to the Zazzle store items will be posted in this thread! So please follow along.

Lastly we have some random left over TSC swag from last years event. And a few other mystery items as well. We don't know how many we will ship out, BUT if you want to be entered into the contest please post why you love The Shaving Cadre, and bonus points for posting pictures of you using your TSC gear, wearing your gear, or anything else TSC related! So for the rest of the month let's flood the cadre with TSC gear! Grab a beer pour it into your TSC glass! Also can we get enough attention to get our membership to 600 by the end of the month?

Again thank you all for 3 great years. Here's to many many more!

Chad, Dave, and Chris

***ZAZZLE ITEMS***

https://www.zazzle.com/store/theshavingcadre?rf=238430444680364348

https://www.zazzle.com/tsc_3rd_anniversary_mug-168056441214322357

https://www.zazzle.com/tsc_3rd_anniversary_t_shirt-235732475493422526

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy anniversary to TSC! This last year was pretty bumpy for a number of us, with personal life things and the pandemic, but this group has kept right on ticking! Getting to interact with folks here and focus briefly on more positive things overall has been a highlight.

Thanks all 👍

Happy 3 years everyone!

I joined shortly after the site originated, and in that time The Cadre has been a place for me to learn and share my experience. More importantly it’s been a place for me to make new friends. Even though I haven’t met any of you in person, I still consider many of you to be great friends. Close friends even. Close enough to the point that I know if I really needed help with something, you would offer without hesitation. This is the biggest takeaway for me.

The Cadre is a place where I can talk about my shaves, make ridiculous statements about my bad dog, and vent about what’s going on in my life, and you guys actually encourage me to do it! Lol.

Thank you Chad, Dave, and Chris for creating this beautiful oasis for a bunch of shave nerds! Again, happy 3 year anniversary, and here’s to many more!

Happy Anniversary Cadre!!!

I love the Cadre as a place to get away from the daily grind without having to worry about getting wrapped up in any of the petty nonsense that goes on at so many other web forums, social media sites or in our daily lives . I truly enjoy the gentlemanly conversations on the many diverse topics here, even if we don't always agree with each other. The Zoom meetings have been a true blessing this past year and I am very greatfull that I have been a part of them. I have met many genuine, caring, and generous folks here and I truely appreciate these new friendships. Thank you Cadre for providing such a place for all of us to enjoy.

Oh yeah, it's also a pretty good place to learn and talk about shaving stuff too. 😁

Happy anniversary.. This has been a great experience so far and I'm sure it will continue to be...I have no cadre gear to post pics of yet but hope to have some at some point.... I came here on the recommendations of several members who invited me over... I'm glad I came...

Chad. The pens come up as a minimum order of 6. Can that be changed?
It won't let me change it with my settings. I sent an email to their design customer service. Says I should get a response within 24 hours. I'll follow up when I get a response. I didn't realize that it would require a minimum order. Hope it can be changed.

This forum has been a refreshing change for me from the crazy folks, oh wait. Wrong forum!

congrats on 3 years and a positive and respectful environment. So much enthusiasm for camaraderie and good vibes.

too bad you’re losing so much of the total percentage of mass membership. but thats probably just cutting the fat! 😝

The Cadre is my home away from home. It's the one place I go to for social interaction outside of home and work. Without being able to go out for most of the past year, this has been especially important, and I think made the members of the cadre even closer and more like a family than we ever were before. The weekly Zoom calls have been an amazing retreat from the stresses of life and something I look forward to week after week. It's great to just hang out, unwind, talk about our weeks, play a few games, and have a few drinks together. It's everything I want to do to unwind after work, and more.

As I've stated many times throughout my shaving forum career.... I came for the shaves, I stayed for the banter. The Cadre and its members have the best banter of any forum. It doesn't feel like I'm talking to a bunch of strangers when I'm online, It feels like I'm hanging out and joking around with my best friends.

Thanks for 3 great years, and here's to the next 30, and beyond!

Not sure I can really say much more that hasn't already been said. The Cadre is my home on the internet. I don't do other forums (okay there are two other that I OCCASIONALLY look at, but they are more local forums), because all my friends are here and I am more of a "few friends but loyal" kind of guy. Anyway...over this last year...you know...the 'Rona year. I have really grown a lot closer to you guys...and gals. I truly consider you all my friends (well...maybe that Sam @woodpusher guy is pushing calling him a friend... 🤪 ) and I ever met any of you in person I would treat you like a friend...a firm handshake, maybe a hug...and definitely a beer or bourbon (or both). The Zoom calls are awesome. I was part of them early on. Now, with the baby, I can only get to them every now and then. But it's all good. When I get on the Zoom calls...all my friends are there and it's like I never missed a call. Seriously though. I could write volumes of how I am closer to some of you guys than my in person friends. Life in the Cadre is good. Healthy distractions from much of the world at large. That's a good thing.

Here is to the Cadre being Three! and here is to another 30 more...at least!

I haven't been here very long, but it does feel like home. As with many, last year saw a resurgance of some hobbies, including shaving (as it is a great "homebound" hobby). Initially I went back to another neighborhood, where I had a long dormant account, but quickly found this place after internet stalking @CBLindsay . Totally worth it I must say. A good group of odd, esoteric, friendly folks that just make you want to stick around and hang out. Awesome for sure.

As for "bonus points" how about an SOTD pic with a fancy TSC sticker in it?

20210315_185618.jpg

The Cadre is my home away from home. It's the one place I go to for social interaction outside of home and work. Without being able to go out for most of the past year, this has been especially important, and I think made the members of the cadre even closer and more like a family than we ever were before. The weekly Zoom calls have been an amazing retreat from the stresses of life and something I look forward to week after week. It's great to just hang out, unwind, talk about our weeks, play a few games, and have a few drinks together. It's everything I want to do to unwind after work, and more.

As I've stated many times throughout my shaving forum career.... I came for the shaves, I stayed for the banter. The Cadre and its members have the best banter of any forum. It doesn't feel like I'm talking to a bunch of strangers when I'm online, It feels like I'm hanging out and joking around with my best friends.

Thanks for 3 great years, and here's to the next 30, and beyond!
Excellent KJ !!!! I think you just about described what and how I think we all feel with here ( or at least I hope so )

Excellent write up KJ !!!!
Thanks.

I think you just about described what and how I think we all feel with here
Except that part about Zoom...… I wish we could get more members involved in the Zoom calls. Not sure if folks are afraid to join, or just apprehensive, or what. But it's not exclusive at all. We're always happy to have new folks join.

Back