The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022 TSC Convention Las Vegas April 22-24,2022 (DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY)

The local first responders refer to that neighborhood as the corner of Crack and Prostitute.
I'm taking up a collection to hire a little protection for the weekend. Or at least one of us should wear one of those spring wires on our ears to give the impression.

I should clarify:

The hotel where the ill-advised building jump is located is a slightly shady area. North of that is where they've built the Brewery Row (which is getting nicer) and just north of there is the Downtown area, where the Golden Nugget and Fremont Street is located.

We'll be ok....just stick with @Spider .....he looks shady enough to be shady.

100%! I’ve walked some shadier areas than that. People cross the road to avoid passing ME on the sidewalk! Lol. We’re good.

13. (not a lucky number for Las Vegas)
14. Heysi

It’s ok @heysi , we know you’re still #13…..

I should clarify:

The hotel where the ill-advised building jump is located is a slightly shady area. North of that is where they've built the Brewery Row (which is getting nicer) and just north of there is the Downtown area, where the Golden Nugget and Fremont Street is located.

Done it twice, no issues along with all the other rides, and if you think that place is shady, try downtown Manilla, or Bangkok. Those make the are around the Strat look like rodeo Drive, LOL

The only reason I have not committed is we are concerned about covid restrictions, but it’s hard to see that far in the future. We are a tentative yes, but there is a chance they will not allow the unvaccinated to fly, so this is very concerning to us as it’s too far for us to drive in a reasonable amount of time.

Question for those who are going..... The CON is going to officially run Friday to Sunday. But does anyone plan on extending their trip a little bit? Looking at airfare prices it's certainly cheaper to fly in on Wednesday or Thursday than on Friday. And also cheaper to fly back on Monday or Tuesday than on Sunday. So, even with another night or two of hotel stays it'll be cheaper to extend the vacation a couple days or so.

We are looking at doing this, so we have some more time to sight see and do some stuff on our own. Just curious if anyone else is thinking about doing this?

As a side note, I'm really excited that I can use my frequent flyer miles to pay for our flights. So even though the savings I'm mentioning above aren't out of pocket savings for me, it still conserves my miles for other trips.

Question for those who are going..... The CON is going to officially run Friday to Sunday. But does anyone plan on extending their trip a little bit? Looking at airfare prices it's certainly cheaper to fly in on Wednesday or Thursday than on Friday. And also cheaper to fly back on Monday or Tuesday than on Sunday. So, even with another night or two of hotel stays it'll be cheaper to extend the vacation a couple days or so.

We are looking at doing this, so we have some more time to sight see and do some stuff on our own. Just curious if anyone else is thinking about doing this?

As a side note, I'm really excited that I can use my frequent flyer miles to pay for our flights. So even though the savings I'm mentioning above aren't out of pocket savings for me, it still conserves my miles for other trips.
I’ve been thinking and seeing the same thing. I’m not adverse to sharing room costs and couch surfing. Any nickel saved is a nickel for 35th anniversary trip.

The only reason I have not committed is we are concerned about covid restrictions, but it’s hard to see that far in the future. We are a tentative yes, but there is a chance they will not allow the unvaccinated to fly, so this is very concerning to us as it’s too far for us to drive in a reasonable amount of time.
As of right now the estimate is probably masks only, however we are watching it very carefully

Yes pending on airfare prices and times I have my work schedule that I can extend a day before or after.
So I would somehow force myself to stay a night or 2 longer in Vegas ha ha.

I'm planning on being there the entire time. From today until the end of time. hahaha

On a serious note:
Except for monday the 25th, the Aviators, our minor league baseball team is playing at home the week before and the week after. Anyone want to go to a game?

Another thought I had, since we do Bingo here at TSC....... we should have a TSC outing to play bingo. Any suggestions on a venue for that @heysi ? I've never actually seen a bingo hall in Vegas, but I know there are a bunch of them.

Back