The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2020 - Year of the Synth

October is shave-wise in the books, so like Bob, I will be switching to another brush for the next two months. Mine will be the Yaqi Sagrada, as both the Chubby 2 and Asylum Cheswick have each seen ~4 months of usage -vs- 2 months for the Yaqi.

Just over a week returning to the Yaqi Sagrada and I have to say that it is a much nicer knot than the Asylum Cheswick.

Since I finished my tin of BebeLush soap this morning, and will move on to TOBS St. James cream through the end of the year, I don't think it's fair to the cream to continue to use the Chubby 2. This cream deserves a more luxurious brush experience, so I am going back to the brush box and taking out the L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic. I have also gotten my large scuttle out of the closet, so I'm going all in on the luxurious traditional lathering experience until the tube runs out. I am going to switch to a badger on January 1, regardless of whether the cream is finished, though.

11 months down; 1 to go. I have learned a good bit about the synths I have so far and figured out that I don't NEED any natural hair brushes. The same type of thing happened when I did a year of injector-only shaves. It pretty much locked in that there is no NEED to have umpteen razors.

11 months down; 1 to go. I have learned a good bit about the synths I have so far and figured out that I don't NEED any natural hair brushes. The same type of thing happened when I did a year of injector-only shaves. It pretty much locked in that there is no NEED to have umpteen razors.
Well, if you want to go minimalist, there's no need to shave,... or bathe, or wipe your tail section. :oops:

The cake is probably plastic too.

maxresdefault.jpg

The cake is probably plastic too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol!

Maybe so, but it's high quality plastic... We're talking Tonka or Fisher Price here. Besides, there's no calories in our cake 'o' evil brushes, for all of the fellas starting their 2021 exercise challenge. 🤣

I have gotten nothing but fantastic lathers all year. Synths just plain deliver, but man, I am counting the days until next Friday. These last couple of months, I have really missed the badgers and boars. I am moving my trusty Simpson 57 into the on deck circle.

Unless I need a second shave today, I'm all done! RV Shavemac 2-band is on deck for tomorrow.

Haven't really learned too much over the past 2 months, but my assessment after a year with synth are that the newer ones need not take a backseat to anyone. :love:

Back