The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2020 is all about the Fruits! Well Fruit Cakes that is...

Order placed. They have peanut butter fudge too made with bourbon. So it was a no brainer they combined two favorite thing peanut butter and bourbon. I hope it's not disgusting like Skrewball 🤢
At least fudge is supposed to be that sweet!

Okay...so...fruitcake is made and below are some pics of the process!

1607874049162.png1607874075161.png1607874104614.png
1607874138082.png1607874166147.png

So I didn't use any nuts this time...I mean...why would I want to put something like nuts in a fruit cake...right? Traditionally you wrap the cake in cheesecloth and store in a cool dry place while spritzing it with brandy every couple of days. This year I am forgoing the spritzing and going straight to the eating. I'll post pics of my enjoyment as soon as I decide to eat it!

Wait, a brandy spritzer is a thing? I'm going to make a Lagavulin spritzer just to add a little class to sandwiches, burritos, cookies...

Wait, a brandy spritzer is a thing? I'm going to make a Lagavulin spritzer just to add a little class to sandwiches, burritos, cookies...
That's funny right there! 🤪 Yeah...normally I would take brandy or rum or what have you and pour it into a food grade squirt bottle and spritz or spray the fruitcake every couple of days for about two weeks!

Don, that actually looks tasty. Babies and fruitcake, Don's specialties.
I know what most people think of fruitcake. But if you get rid of the citron and the really bad candied fruit...use rehydrated dried fruit...it is a completely different cake! Of course....this is coming from the guy who will eat a store bough fruitcake anyway.

Back