The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2/3 Zoomin

Still don’t know what discord is.

discord

a: lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)… must we fall into the jabber and babel of discord while victory is still unattained?— Sir Winston Churchill
b: active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions : STRIFEmarital discorddiscord between the two parties

;)

discord

a: lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)… must we fall into the jabber and babel of discord while victory is still unattained?— Sir Winston Churchill
b: active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions : STRIFEmarital discorddiscord between the two parties

;)
And we want this?

Little. It different this week. We will still start at 6pm, but then around 7:30 to 8ish we will switch to a different platform to play Dungeons and Dragons. @dkeester is hosting that piece. This will be the format for the next couple of weeks. Here's the signups as I have them currently.

1. Cvargo and @mvargo
2. @BarberDave and @AvocadoQueen
3. @uacowboy and @sunnysanity
4. @Spider and @Ambalance
5. @Fenster
6. @Luecke3262
7. @dkeester
8. @dangerousdon
9. @woodpusher
10. @Scuttlesoap
11 @Majorrich
12. @dangerousdon

Anyone else in?
I might try to pop in again for a few..

Still don’t know what discord is.
What is the Discord app? Discord first launched in 2015 as a means for people to easily communicate while playing PC games together. ... You can use Discord on pretty much any device you own — there are dedicated Discord desktop apps for Windows and Mac as well as iOS and Android apps for chatting and calling on the go..
Also check this out for more info on it...

So, it’s texting? Why not just do it while on Zoom?
There is a voice chat section. The site for the game updates the map in near real-time. That and zoom could bog down people's internet.

There is a voice chat section. The site for the game updates the map in near real-time. That and zoom could bog down people's internet.
Still confused as to how this works. I guess I'll just have to see it.

switch to a different platform to play Dungeons and Dragons
Which edition? 2? 2.5? 3.5? or "the newest, most nerfy, pretty much Diablo III on paper" 5thEd?.... (as you see I have no opinion on this matter) 🤓

Though D&D was never my main game, it could be fun. I might have time this week to hop on the zoom, but doubt I can commit to another regular cadence RPG (already GM, or play, in too many WoD campaigns...)

The red boxed Basic set !! BTW it's great that you have an auto-mapper! It'll sure save on graph paper use!

Also this thread needs more Matt Mercer gifs

iu

Yeah, I knew it was an app. I guess I should have said I didn't understand how it was going to work for the game.
it also is capable of video too.. I thought the link I put would be the best way to evplain it becuse it tells more about it......

I just read what you wrote, the link wont open for me at work.
Oh okay sorry I didnt know that... The link tells all about discord. Its not just text and voice capable its also video too and was basically designed initially for gamers. Although kids and others are now starting to use it for other stuff.

Back