The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

04.08.2018 Radio Show Teaser

Xenostr8shaver said:
Just another little teaser, our 1st show of the new Season will be with the Owners of the TSC, Myself, Chris, and Chad the onus behind the forum, where we see it going and so forth.

I'm interested in hearing how y'all see TSC fitting into a world that has other shave-related forums. No bashing of course, but I'm interested to hear y'all's thoughts about differentiation in the marketplace.

BrickHud said:
I'm interested in hearing how y'all see TSC fitting into a world that has other shave-related forums. No bashing of course, but I'm interested to hear y'all's thoughts about differentiation in the marketplace.

The best shavers and most knowledgeable men I have ever met were for the most part the first 15 folks here, That my friend is what makes us different!

BrickHud said:
DocHoliday0831 said:
The best shavers and most knowledgeable men I have ever met were for the most part the first 15 folks here, That my friend is what makes us different!

Well Charles no bashing at all taken. And as TJ mentioned. The three owners... our friendship was built at B&B, and the other 12 legacy members that we brought over with us are some of our close friends and acquaintances from B&B. And now we have them inviting the likes of you! Great members who want MORE in the Shaving forum genre. And as we build we hope that you will also feel comfortable inviting others here because WE are different. We want to provide a different experience where you as members get to decide what is talked about. If it's not important it will fall off the first page so to speak. I hope that makes sense! While yes we do need moderators this can't become the wild west, the big difference is YOU the membership decide what is talked about. We just provide the platform for that to happen. Follow our simple terms of usage which we don't feel are restricting at all and this site will speak for itself over time.

I am sure that we will discuss this in some more detail during our first Radio Show that the 3 owners will all be on. But just wanted to provide a little snip it for you and the others. We have grown a lot in the last couple of days, and this is a critical time for us... we MUST show how we are different.

OK Cadre Members...
As we get closer to our 1st episode of the new season, Like before, the evolution of the show... You will be a part of as to
content.

For this 1st show we, the ownership are the spotlight guests. W e will be taking a few questions from you the members

So, if you have a question you would like to see answered please post them here. We will not pick all of them, but a few for sure.

Again Thank You for being a Part of the The Shaving Cadre

We will take questions through Sunday 4.22.2018

When can we expect first Bingo?
And bonus question, can you let John be a caller (he asked me nicely)?

Gagi said:
When can we expect first Bingo?
And bonus question, can you let John be a caller (he asked me nicely)?
You need to explore the forum more. It’s been announced that Bingo will start around May 1st!

Here's a question. Why is Chad the cooler and better looking of the 3?

Cvargo said:
Here's a question. Why is Chad the cooler and better looking of the 3?

Chad.... Stop lying to the cadre that is not nice.

Last chance for questions to the ownership and for the Upcoming Radio Show

LAST CALL

How's about this,

I've often described my a-ha moment with wet shaving to those that I've talked about it. You know that shave when you were first starting that everything just came together and made sense, the razor, the brush, the lather and the results, everything just clicked and you thought, "I get it now!" Did you have one? Can you describe it? When did it happen?

I had 2 actually and neither of them had anything to do with a BBS shave. The 1st time I used a brush and made a lather, it wasn't the best lather I ever made for sure, but just the feel of the brush applying the lather to my face and neck, and the shave it provided, I knew I was never going back to can goo again. The next one was about a month after I started using a Double Edge razor. I had a weeks worth of nick and weeper free shaves with no alum sting. After I finished the last shave of that week and was rinsing off and feeling my face it was like, Oh I get it now, no pressure, just let the razor do the work.

clyde72 said:
How's about this,

I've often described my a-ha moment with wet shaving to those that I've talked about it. You know that shave when you were first starting that everything just came together and made sense, the razor, the brush, the lather and the results, everything just clicked and you thought, "I get it now!" Did you have one? Can you describe it? When did it happen?

I had 2 actually and neither of them had anything to do with a BBS shave. The 1st time I used a brush and made a lather, it wasn't the best lather I ever made for sure, but just the feel of the brush applying the lather to my face and neck, and the shave it provided, I knew I was never going back to can goo again. The next one was about a month after I started using a Double Edge razor. I had a weeks worth of nick and weeper free shaves with no alum sting. After I finished the last shave of that week and was rinsing off and feeling my face it was like, Oh I get it now, no pressure, just let the razor do the work.

Great topic Craig, and I will lead with this one, nice stuff

Also due to some logistical issues, we will be extending the question entries until next Saturday the 28th

Thanks

Back