The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2024

Okay , I did a quick basic shave with the bevel razor today since my shoulder is still messsed up ( no complaining though ) , and used one of the shavemac brushes along with Cremo soap..I used a collapsible bowl to whip up the soap. Basic with the grain and across the grain , gave a fine shave , used a cool water wash followed by W.H. and followed by Gillette Cool Wave A.S....

Have a good day to all...

4 May, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Late but great shave this afternoon. Returned to the Jikoryen shave stick. I call this the kinder, gentler cousin of the infamous Arko. Same scent though less strong but with the same incredible lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S, and I finished with Brut Oceans after shave splash.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

"Jikoryen" Shave Stick / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S (Plate C)
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Brut "Oceans" After Shave Splash

IMG_4688.jpg

Last edited:

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: GEM Junior Bar\Elite Razor Brown Swirl
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D7)
Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
Scuttle: Woodhead Medium
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso White
Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
Balm: Proraso White
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

5 May, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent "Sacré Bleu" shave soap. Wonderful old school Aqua Velva classic scent with incredible lather built with the Paladin Chief 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '58 Gillette Super Speed TV Special, and I finished with Aqua Velva "Classic Ice Blue" after shave splash & Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

PAA "Sacré Bleu" Shave Soap / Paladin Chief 2-Band Badger Brush / '58 Gillette Super Speed TV Special
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Aqua Velva "Classic Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT

IMG_4696.jpg

Back