The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2024

#sotd

A special thank you to Robert Camara for the soap/splash set !!!

Let's open the books on this shave:

Preshave - Hot Shower
Brush - Hendrix Classics & Co. The Black and Tan
Bowl - RazoRock Ceramic
Razors - Shijiazhuang Yaqi Brush Product Co.,ltd. Ultimate/ HeadBlade Greeneblade
Soap/splash - First Line Shave James
Cologne - Barrett Fragrances Peachy Paradise

From FLS Website : This is a very special release for me, dedicated to my son James. The scent opens up with a giant ripe juicy peach top note, with blended middle notes of saffron, black pepper and sea salt that makes you feel as if you’re floating across the ocean. The dry down is a magical array of tobacco, cedarwood and vanilla that even a cigar smoking centipede would love.

My thoughts:This is a great peach forward scent. I could imagine the days with my grandfather, sitting on the porch, eating ripe peaches with the juice running down my arm.20240501_223335-Photoroom.jpg

#sotd

A special thank you to Robert Camara for the soap/splash set !!!

Let's open the books on this shave:

Preshave - Hot Shower
Brush - Hendrix Classics & Co. The Black and Tan
Bowl - RazoRock Ceramic
Razors - Shijiazhuang Yaqi Brush Product Co.,ltd. Ultimate/ HeadBlade Greeneblade
Soap/splash - First Line Shave James
Cologne - Barrett Fragrances Peachy Paradise

From FLS Website : This is a very special release for me, dedicated to my son James. The scent opens up with a giant ripe juicy peach top note, with blended middle notes of saffron, black pepper and sea salt that makes you feel as if you’re floating across the ocean. The dry down is a magical array of tobacco, cedarwood and vanilla that even a cigar smoking centipede would love.

My thoughts:This is a great peach forward scent. I could imagine the days with my grandfather, sitting on the porch, eating ripe peaches with the juice running down my arm.View attachment 130733
to me it smells like a ripe peach + oud mixed in blended very well and smells amazing

Friday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: British Ever-Ready 1912
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D5)
Brush: Rooney 3/2 Super Silvertip
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal Bowl 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Rainforest
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Fougere Imperiale
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Penhaligon`s English Fern

DSC_0884.jpg
RAZOR: MÜHLE Closed Comb Elite Razor Wild Horse Jasper Stone
BLADE: Personna Platinum
BRUSH: Zingari Man 26 MM V11 fanchurian
LATHER: Ariana & Evans Asian Plum Shaving Soap

3 May, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Grapefruit" shave cream. Sharp, tart citrus scent with incredible lather built with the Paladin "Year of the Dragon" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super-109, and I finished with Hendrix Classics & Co. "Citrus Bomb" after shave splash and Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

TOBS "Grapefruit" Shave Cream / Paladin "Year of the Dragon" Badger Brush / '69 Gillette Super-109
Wizamet / Alum / Hendrix Classics & Co. "Citrus Bomb" After Shave Splash / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

IMG_4680.jpg

SOTD - 5/3/2024

Los Jabones de Joserra Mint Evolution
Trotter Handcrafts Glass Kanon
The Holy Black Trading Co SR-71 Guard Bar Safety Razor

From the website:
Experience the refreshing scent of Los Jabones de Joserra Mint Evolution wet shaving soap and aftershave balm set. Made with premium ingredients in Spain, this set offers a unique and refreshing scent that will leave you feeling revitalized and ready to take on the day. The Mint Evolution scent profile features fresh mint and green tea infusion, warmed by hints of clove, sliced ginger, spearmint, lemon, and jasmine.IMG_9607.jpeg

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: British Ever-Ready 1924/iKon Bulldog
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D6)
Brush: Simpson M7 Platinum 22mm
Bowl: Olivewood 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Freyja"s Magic Thor's Hammer Bay Rum
Balm: Freyja"s Magic Thor's Hammer Bay Rum
Aftershave: Freyja"s Magic Thor's Hammer Bay Rum

Back