The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Zulily and Frags!

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Just letting you all know that Zulily is running crazy deals on frags right now.

Creed
Tom Ford
Penhaligons
Hermes

And more...

So $350 for a bottle of Aventus is a good deal????

I had no idea Creed was that expensive!

I was at an outlet mall early this week and spent some time talking with a nice lady who owned a fragrance shop (there are SO MANY). Like any other sales person she started by spraying a flag with “last weeks best seller”, a total basic and in-unique scent. I poked around and found she had Tom ford, creed, Hermès and a few other better names. When I asked about them she was happy to talk about them, when I indicated I had most of what she had available but was interested in a bigger selection she became a different person. Her passion is frags and she knows what’s he best but she also knows what people will pay on a whim. As we talked she showed me a few more budget friendly clone and complementary brands, two of which i really liked. She went on to explain how she really wants to be the nose behind some of the scents being made and would love to get formal training (like Xenostr8shaver has had). Before I left she wrote down all the things she saw me react positively to and a note offering to do a buy one get one half. She offered the Tom ford and creed at $350 but apologized that she couldn’t do half off on them but would still allow me to buy one and give half off another brand. According to her she has to special order the two brands and doesn’t get much of a margin on them despite the price. I don’t think I could spend $500 on a single bottle unless I planned to wear it very regularly and to be honest I don’t know if I could handle creed everyday...Tom ford? Maybe.

I wish I knew which Creeds I like!

Aventus and GIT. I own Aventus but cannot afford Green Irish Tweed. If i wasn't gifted the Aventus i wouldn't have it either

Yea dems rough prices...

I’ve smelled some Tom Ford before, but frankly none of it really grabbed me at first whiff, not even enough to try a dab on the wrist.

If you want to find out what the Creed scents smell like, you could always get some decants off of the 'bay.

Off of the top of my head, here are some clones in the wet-shaving world:

Creed Aventus: WSP Olympus, Fine Platinum, Stirling Executive Man, A&E Spartacus, Razorock Emperor, Captains Choice Venture (there are a few that I'm probably forgetting)
Creed Virgin Island Water: A&E St. Barts, Stirling Island Man
Creed Green Irish Tweed: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man, WSP Gaelic Tweed, Lisa's Irish Green Tweed, Wickham Soap Co. Shamrock Tweed (again, most likely missing quite a few)
Creed Original Santal: AOS Sandalwood, Fine Santal Absolut (not exact clones, but close enough)
Creed Silver Mountain Water: WSP Matterhorn, Stirling Mountain Man (there are more, but my mind is blanking)
Creed Royal Oud: Wholly Kaw King of Oud (it's close...maybe a bit more citrus)

Ya learn something new every day!

Creed Original Santal: AOS Sandalwood, Fine Santal Absolut (not exact clones, but close enough)

I did not know that! I always assumed AOS Sandalwood was more or less an original scent. I know you say they aren’t exact matches, but neat!

You can get 3 creed samples for $30 directly from creed, but you’re limited to only 3. I could never figure out which 3 to try.

I actually got a sample of Creed for Her and we just tried the an hour ago. I like I for myself and it’s still strong an hour later. Funny thing it reminds me of a Penhaligon’s scent but I don’t remember which one. But I figure I can get it cheaper as a Penhaligon’s.

Back