The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ZIPPO Collector’s Home

Here’s the one Tape Measure that I have in my Collection.
bf79d32bbd463f1167cd676f982fbaae.jpg

0d75a2474b520054e305cda6b485f406.jpg

"Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?" ~ Albert Einstein

Very nice. I have a "Jack Daniels Field Tester" measuring tape somewhere.

They also made a magnifier (2 plastic lenses) that fit in that same case. I don't have one but here is what they look like...
1637009663179.png

Here’s the one Tape Measure that I have in my Collection.
bf79d32bbd463f1167cd676f982fbaae.jpg

0d75a2474b520054e305cda6b485f406.jpg

I am guessing you must have an interesting collection, since you have stuff other than lighters. Let me know if there is anything in particular you are looking for. I still have some stuff as well as a couple connections at the factory and local collectors.

I am guessing you must have an interesting collection, since you have stuff other than lighters. Let me know if there is anything in particular you are looking for. I still have some stuff as well as a couple connections at the factory and local collectors.

Thank you that sounds great.
What I’m currently looking for is a etched brass Venetian. With No Initials Engraved in it. Year don’t matter

( not the modern kind with the cheap like powder coating on it. )
if that makes any sense.

Thank you that sounds great.
What I’m currently looking for is a etched brass Venetian. With No Initials Engraved in it. Year don’t matter

( not the modern kind with the cheap like powder coating on it. )
if that makes any sense.

Another like the 2 Brass Venetians you have posted?

Last edited:
Another like the 2 Brass Venetians you have posted?

Yea kinda what I have now are like have a powder coating or whatever they do to them. What I’m looking for is one that is like a carved Design.
I one in Chrome just not in brass.
I have seen them on EBay but I have Lost 2 Auction. No luck yet.

I don't believe the ones you posted have any Powder coating on them, what I think you might be seeing is the difference between chemical etch and Laser etch (engraving). I do not recall exactly what year the process was changed (if I had to guess I would say 1994-1996), but what I can tell you that for sure up into the 90's all the Venetian were done with a chemical etch (acid) process and it was then changed to a Laser etch (engraving) process ,which is still how they do it today. They do look different and I suspect that many of the old chemical etched ones appear to be etched deeper, while the new ones tend to have a "frosted" look down in the etch. Maybe that is what you are seeing? Or maybe I am way off base. 🤣

Here is a picture of a Slim venetian from 1988, so this one would have been chemical etched.
m13841181635_1.jpg

I don't believe the ones you posted have any Powder coating on them, what I think you might be seeing is the difference between chemical etch and Laser etch (engraving). I do not recall exactly what year the process was changed (if I had to guess I would say 1994-1996), but what I can tell you that for sure up into the 90's all the Venetian were done with a chemical etch (acid) process and it was then changed to a Laser etch (engraving) process ,which is still how they do it today. They do look different and I suspect that many of the old chemical etched ones appear to be etched deeper. Maybe that is what you are seeing? Or maybe I am way off base. [emoji1787]

Sounds about right.

I have a bunch floating around the house “somewhere” but found this one today and ordered an insert from Thunderbird. Works pretty good as both a torch and a soft flame

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This is what I’m looking for with the Prominent scroll work. I just purchased this Slim. But what I was talking about is in a Full sized lighter.
With the Prominent scroll work.
1194ee025f6830344098e74ca4e8bd2b.jpg

Plus I just Received this Zorro lighter The Chinese Equivalent to a zippo.
I think these lighters are just as good as a Zippo. No Cheap Material that I can see. YMMV.

There Black Ice
ce9858ea246910de6f40dafb870b6e42.jpg

5a4ca475b6cad9e1998e37d97c4e1ab8.jpg

This is How Zippo need to Package there Flints. Pretty good Idea.
fd8278e314fb243ac394d7f1c873fa50.jpg

This is what I’m looking for with the Prominent scroll work. I just purchased this Slim. But what I was talking about is in a Full sized lighter.
With the Prominent scroll work.
Ok, yep I think we are on the same page. What year is that Slim venetian? Pre 1995 I am guessing? I don't think I have any of those but I will look.

Plus I just Received this Zorro lighter The Chinese Equivalent to a zippo.
I think these lighters are just as good as a Zippo. No Cheap Material that I can see. YMMV.
Maybe, except for the copyright infringement, illegal advertising and no lifetime guarantee. ;) Don't get me wrong, I get it and I completely understand, it's basically the same product for a much lower price. However, I worked there for 17 years and still have a lot of friends that work there and also my current company is owned by Zippo, so I have a vested interest in their success and may be a little biased. :)

This is How Zippo need to Package there Flints. Pretty good Idea.
That is almost an exact copy of the Zippo flint package, right down to the color of the wheel. Or are you talking about the extra wick that is in there?

Ok, yep I think we are on the same page. What year is that Slim venetian? Pre 1995 I am guessing? I don't think I have any of those but I will look.

Maybe, except for the copyright infringement, illegal advertising and no lifetime guarantee. ;) Don't get me wrong, I get it and I completely understand, it's basically the same product for a much lower price. However, I worked there for 17 years and still have a lot of friends that work there and also my current company is owned by Zippo, so I have a vested interest in their success and may be a little biased. :)

That is almost an exact copy of the Zippo flint package, right down to the color of the wheel. Or are you talking about the extra wick that is in there?

How the Wick is packaged along with the Flints.

OK yeah, I may be a year or two off, I can't remember that far back. As I said before I am not sure exactly which year they switched over, but that one does look like a Chemical (acid) etched one to me.

Back