The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Yves Saint Laurent - Le Male Question of the Ages

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
I am hoping @MarkB and @BarberDave can answer this perplexing question for me…..So they have so many flankers including Superman…..and these…

1657041788916.png1657041859746.png

But these are transportation services………for the Army…..Is the Superman flanker supposed to be a tribute to us (after all - they do say Army Strong) - but they got the color scheme all wrong? Feeling a little left out!

I am hoping @MarkB and @BarberDave can answer this perplexing question for me…..So they have so many flankers including Superman…..and these…

View attachment 87863View attachment 87864

But these are transportation services………for the Army…..Is the Superman flanker supposed to be a tribute to us (after all - they do say Army Strong) - but they got the color scheme all wrong? Feeling a little left out!
Can't say for sure... Maybe it's an homage back to WWII when it was the US Army Air Force before the split in 1947..

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Looking at the Le Male scents, they all seem to be Navy inspired/themed..... that would include Aviator.

You might want to check the house on that title. ;)

I think you're thinking more deeply about these flankers than JPG is.

Holy can of worms…JPG has so many flankers!

I believe Aviator was discontinued and is now under the guise of Airlines, which has more “in-line” colors.

They have a number of comic character iterations, like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Popeye that were limited runs. I don’t think they held any correlation to the military.

View attachment 87863View attachment 87864

indeed Army Stong...... as in smelling....

Don’t feel bad. I have no idea what a flanker is outside of an enemy combatant.
It’s the fragrance world‘s way of squeezing every single penny out of the paying public - basically they will have a hit fragrance - Say they call it August Cologne - then the next year they’ll release August Intense (basically the same stuff - but change one of the notes - or just the perfume oil concentration) and wa-la - more $$$

It’s the fragrance world‘s way of squeezing every single penny out of the paying public - basically they will have a hit fragrance - Say they call it August Cologne - then the next year they’ll release August Intense (basically the same stuff - but change one of the notes - or just the perfume oil concentration) and wa-la - more $$$
giphy.gif

Kinda like The Rocky sequels.

Back