The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Sniffings

HMan

Doften Savant
I decided to drop into our one niche shop and spray a bunch of tester strips.

Mostly just focusing on their Comme des Garcons stock, they have some other really overpriced brands that don't appeal to me. That's a bummer, I'd love to support the local shop, but can't buy it if I don't like it.

Anyway, CdG has a great line up, maybe at one time they were avant guard, but now a lot of it comes off as modern classic to me.
The whole Monocle series are excellent woody scents. Hinoki smells a bit like the inside of a sauna, hinoki wood is used in Japanese onsens, so that makes sense. Yoyogi, I may like the best, it's a green spin on the wood genre, and every time I've sampled there, it's been the one to stand out, so maybe it's going to happen this season.

@GearNoir they also have the full incense series, and I was checking out Zagorsk today, and really enjoyed it as well. Avignon in the forest.

Have you gotten your nose on anything interesting lately? Jot it down here.

Back