The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Mileage May Vary: Discussion

The point about 'preemptive' use is a great one, I certainly recognized that happening too. I don't know the genesis of TSC well enough to know what caused some folks to be fed up enough to

And I really don't care to participate in other forums any more either. I think the last straw for me when I was considering it, was seeing some guy who bought a new high end razor from Europe slag the company off because the postal service was too slow, and then have a bunch of people rally around him.

I'm not sure if it's the 'self policing' that's what makes TSC work though, and honestly loosing some key members/firends along the way, including recently hasn't left me always feeling great.

I think what makes it work, is
1) that people get to know each other, and
2) most of us, even if we collect, are beyond the micro-analysis stage.

Once I settled in on what set up I like, I just stopped caring if this razor or soap is microscopically better, or worth fighting over to defend.

I think what makes it work, is...

Once I settled in on what set up I like, I just stopped caring if this razor or soap is microscopically better, or worth fighting over to defend.

This is definitely where I am.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The point about 'preemptive' use is a great one, I certainly recognized that happening too. I don't know the genesis of TSC well enough to know what caused some folks to be fed up enough to

And I really don't care to participate in other forums any more either. I think the last straw for me when I was considering it, was seeing some guy who bought a new high end razor from Europe slag the company off because the postal service was too slow, and then have a bunch of people rally around him.

I'm not sure if it's the 'self policing' that's what makes TSC work though, and honestly loosing some key members/firends along the way, including recently hasn't left me always feeling great.

I think what makes it work, is
1) that people get to know each other, and

I agree with everything stated, however to address specifically your comment on the loss of members.

To be blunt, although self policing works, when we were advised is would not, the key is our members and three owners with a wealth of forum and business knowledge in a large swath of arenas including customer service.

That being said having the concierge staff has been a great boon as well. With all that however we do have rules, these rules were constructed to benefit the members. Also we want folks to take pride in our “family”. This in itself can cause issues as well. Sometimes liberties are taken that should not be, demands are made that should not be. Most importantly the forum and its structure is not for everyone. Indeed we have dismissed members, after exhaustive investigation and “chances” to correct behavior. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not, and we need to take action for the overall environmental health of the forum

The vast majority of members have left on their own volition. The factors are far and wide, but in truth it is primarily because they do not want to follow the TOU, or make changes to it for their own agenda, Or because they do not fit in with what we have created.

Not to mention the three of us (the owners) provide this venue free of charge at our expense

We are very proud of this forum, and the loyal members we have.

Hope this puts some clarification out there in regard to your comment

There's that spirit of Family you speak of.

BTW....love ya, buddy. And yes......I was kidding.
Exactly like a parent, sometimes a good beating is in order 🤪🤪🤪 do you prefer belt of saguaro spine?

I don't think this is the direction Matt thought the thread would take.

I don't think this is the direction Matt thought the thread would take.
Not so much, but threads do tend to have a mind of their own and by their nature are pretty organic and can sprout into any number of different discussions. On some forums, this thread would already have been squashed for being off topic.

Back