The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Hello Spider Friends!

My name is KJ, and most of you know me as TheVez2. I go by many names, usually KJ or VEZ. My call-sign in the Air Force was Spider-Man, so that's where I get that name from.

I've been a Traditional Wet Shaver since 2010. I'm an avid collector of vintage gear. I have hundreds of razors, dozens of brushes, and more aftershave bottles than I could count. Aftershaves are definitely my favorite part of the entire shave.

I'm a divorced father of 4 great kids ages 12-15. I have twins in the middle, and yes they are all very close in age. For a few months they had all been in diapers at the same time! I also have a great girlfriend who supports all of my hobbies.

I'm originally from the small town of Lowell, MI. I studied Electrical Engineering at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (Prescott, AZ) and was commissioned in the Air Force. My Air Force career mostly involved nuclear weapons (testing, planning, and execution). I am now retired form the Air Force, and work for Northrop Grumman on the B-2 Bomber.

My primary hobby before wet shaving was keeping and studying tarantulas. Which is where my call-sign came from. I started out afraid of spiders, but in overcoming my fear, I became infatuated with them. I have around 80 tarantulas in my home. I also have 9 snakes. I got into tarantulas around 2000-2001, but I have been a fan of snakes ever since I was a kid.

I love hiking, camping, swimming, fishing, kayaking, skiing (water and snow), stargazing, and just about all things that have to do with getting out and enjoying nature. I just bought my first motorcycle and am looking forward to getting out on the road this year!

I love movies. Mostly Sci-Fi and horror, but also action and comedy. Big fan of music, listening mainly to industrial, alternative rock, metal and 80's progressive. I'll listen to pretty much anything but country or R&B.

That's me, in a nutshell. Obviously there's a lot more, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Great intro to you, KJ! Love snakes, but sorry, too arachnaphobic to have anything to do with spiders, LOL.

Dagwoodz said:
Great intro to you, KJ! Love snakes, but sorry, too arachnaphobic to have anything to do with spiders, LOL.

Thanks. I was too at one point. It's an irrational fear, and one that is easy to overcome. I've actually helped many people get over their fears of them, to one degree or another.

Welcome KJ. The wife is afraid of snakes, and my daughter who lives across the road from us is afraid of spiders. I personally am agnostic to both, but am glad I don't have an affinity to either. Life would be pretty tough otherwise.

Hey KJ!

Great intro post! Now I understand the spiderman references.

Hey, thought of you. Look what we ran across when we stopped for a snack at the goat farm.

Fantastic introduction. I keep trying to get my wife to let me have a large spider but she has refused.
I also hear that you like Williams soap?

NurseDave said:
Hey, thought of you. Look what we ran across when we stopped for a snack at the goat farm.
That's great Dave. Love those spiders. My tarantulas don't make webs like that, so I love seeing cool webs. I saw the same spiders in Guam.

The Monkey said:
I keep trying to get my wife to let me have a large spider but she has refused.
What?!? You let me talk to her!
The Monkey said:
I also hear that you like Williams soap
1f609.png
Especially the Vintage!

Blade4vor said:
It's good to see you here, KJ! Thank you for your service!
Thank You!

So two additional tidbits about me I neglected to add.

First I am a Freemason. Joined in 2013 when I lived in Florida, and now I'm rising through the ranks in my Masonic Lodge in Missouri. Quite quickly, actually, and there is a good chance that I will be elected Master of the Lodge (basically President), this coming year, which starts in October. If you've ever seen 2B1 ASK1, it refers to our fraternity. We don't recruit, and rather wait for those who are ready or curious to come to us. If anyone is curious, just let me know and I can help you out.

Also, after retiring from the Air Force I became I lifetime member of the VFW. My Grandma and Grandpa were both very active in their VFW Post in New Mexico and I felt it only right to join as a tribute to them. I am most active at my post by volunteering every Wednesday at Bingo. I sell cards to all the players and usually call the second half of the game. As such, I love Bingo, and I know many of you were/are involved in those games with me elsewhere on the net. I'm sure we will be bringing the game to the Cadre at some point in time.

KJ!!!! My man. Is that the same girlfriend I met when you came to chop off my pinky? She shouldn't have to endure 80 spiders and 9 snakes. Be kind to the girl....she's awesome.

DocHoliday0831 said:
KJ

i went for for a hike today and found you a friend
A jumping spider, those guys are cool, and smart.

heysi said:
KJ!!!! My man. Is that the same girlfriend I met when you came to chop off my pinky? She shouldn't have to endure 80 spiders and 9 snakes. Be kind to the girl....she's awesome.
The Same!

With a Spider-Man avatar, I should have guessed it!

Nice to make your acquaintance.

Thank you for your service!

Back