The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your First Rabbit Hole

I got one of those off of eBay. Possibly from the same seller. I've seen several NOS Canadian Techs that are identical to ours. It shaves great!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
He had a khaki set that went for $7 NOS...I was a noob and I didn’t bid on that one. Fellow was cleaning out his Fathers house after he passed and put both of them on the Bay...man I am glad I scooped the Tech but a Khaki set?!’ Oh well...

He had a khaki set that went for $7 NOS...I was a noob and I didn’t bid on that one. Fellow was cleaning out his Fathers house after he passed and put both of them on the Bay...man I am glad I scooped the Tech but a Khaki set?!’ Oh well...
Wow! My best find was a NOS NEW LC that I got for $12. That was in 2014, and it's still a favorite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How to snare a Paladin: Present a facade of evil and pop a bag over him and beat him into submission using socked soaps (billy clubs will most likely cause damage)

How to snare a Wolfman: Wear a red hooded cape and wander the woods at dusk.
Nota bene: For your own safety, your press gang crew will need to be faster than when trapping a Paladin.

my most enduring rabbit hole is currently sets of straights (seven day sets or 7 identical straights or pairs).i've had it for years, since the first set obtained. everything else feels like a lark in terms of dedication.

My first Rabbit Hole was Vintage Gillettes. My first two razors were a Blue Tip SS and a Slim that I found at an antique store in Albuquerque while on travel for work. Then I discovered how nice they were and how much variety there was out there and I wanted to try to find them all! (still looking)

After that, I discovered these crazy things called GEMs, Ever-Readys, Valets, Wilkinsons, and other GEM type SE razors. I had always overlooked them when hunting DEs, because I didn't really know what they were. When I found a thread on using them, I was on a new chase. And I was happy, because every one I found in the wild was super cheap. That was my second Rabbit Hole. That sort of led itself to rabbit hole #2.5, which was Schick Injectors.

My third Rabbit Hole was Shavettes, mainly vintage and especially of the Weck variety.

After that I pretty much had the majority of the shaving hardware that I wanted. I dabbled in a few other things like regular straights, but that never became an obsession.

Then, I started to expand my Soap collection and that became Rabbit Hole # 4.

Then I discovered Aftershaves...... Oh Boy! This is where it's at. Rabbit Hole #5, and we saved the best for last! This is my ultimate and still my favorite Rabbit Hole.

How to snare a Paladin: Present a facade of evil and pop a bag over him and beat him into submission using socked soaps (billy clubs will most likely cause damage)

How to snare a Wolfman: Wear a red hooded cape and wander the woods at dusk.
Nota bene: For your own safety, your press gang crew will need to be faster than when trapping a Paladin.

I knew it, I've been using the wrong snares! Dang nab it!!!!!!!

Oh Boy! This is where it's at. Rabbit Hole #5, and we saved the best for last! This is my ultimate and still my favorite Rabbit Hole.
This was a great writeup of your journies through your various rabbit holes. I think if you found an exit anytime soon out of Rabbit Hole #5, you'd run the other way!

Back