The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Favorite AC Style Razor?

It helps if people say which they've used when stating their favorite so we know the comparisons or lack there of.......

I own the Blackland Vector and Asylum Rx. I like both, but the Vector is the clear favorite. It could be a daily driver for me, while the Rx could not.
You are totally correct. It takes time to build up the manliness to use the RX and that level of testosterone can't be expected every day.

You are totally correct. It takes time to build up the manliness to use the RX and that level of testosterone can't be expected every day.
Well I must be doing pretty good on the manliness piece then...I used it daily for a week the first time out!

Well since I can’t edit. I have tried

Bespoke Damascus custom AC straight
Feather SS straight

Asylum RX
Colonial General Brass
Hawk V1
Hawk V2
Aluminum Mongoose

I still own both straight types, the RX, the Mongoose, and a Black Hawk V1

I'm just gonna state that I have never tried the Vector, only the RX. I am sure the Vector is a great razor, but with the use I get from the RX I could never see another razor taking its place as my daily (every other day) shaver.

I want to try a hawk or any other se/ac like that type. I havent tried a t bar style ac razor before...are they really any good?

The only one I have tried is a Feather AC SS. Gave up on it in a week and a half or so. Tried it again a year later and I still can't get a shave with it.

My technique must be way off. After a couple passes. I just end up with a sore face and hardly any whiskers removed. Have to finish with a DE.

The only one I have tried is a Feather AC SS. Gave up on it in a week and a half or so. Tried it again a year later and I still can't get a shave with it.

My technique must be way off. After a couple passes. I just end up with a sore face and hardly any whiskers removed. Have to finish with a DE.
I only have the kai captain. Never tried the feather ss but want to get one sometime.. Could it be your angle is off?

I only have the kai captain. Never tried the feather ss but want to get one sometime.. Could it be your angle is off?
I'm thinking it's the angle. But I have tried several different one's.l and just don't think I've found the right one yet.

Thought it would be cool to give SE a try and this would be a good first starter, to try it with. But it's just not working bout for me.

I'm thinking it's the angle. But I have tried several different one's.l and just don't think I've found the right one yet.

Thought it would be cool to give SE a try and this would be a good first starter, to try it with. But it's just not working bout for me.
yeah they are nice and eventually i will get to try one but i also want to try one of the artist club safety razors like the hawk, i think those would be really cool.........

Back