The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your daily driver

Z-2

What is your daily driver?
I know, most of us shave every day, and me, myself, I use exclusively a Super Speed flare tip `54. It is mild razor, but ideal for me.

Western style Feather AC SS and RR Game Changer are my usual suspects.

This is a hard question for me. I really like the Variant, my Timeless, and also my Razorock SLOC those are my three favorites

Razorock wunderbar , game changer and Karve with any base plate would make it here as top three. Though i can't justify only top three with most modern and vintage de and se razors I own !

I have a hard time justifying one razor. If I had to pick it would be

1-Kate (Asylum RX SE)
2-Delta Echo Ghosttown Fatboy
3-Black Beauty
4-Gem MMOC
5-Parker Variant

I could change this around a bit to include straights but then these would likely all change except 1-2

Daily driver? Let me put it this way. I am currently participating in Slantember and SEptember on that other site. I currently have 20 slants and 10 SE razors out for the events. All are part of my regular rotation, and that isn't using my non slant DEs, Feather AC safety razors, Feather AC straight razors, and injectors. My regular rotation usually takes about three months to rotate and that is assuming I don't get any new razors (of which I have three coming in sometime soon).

Daily driver? Let me put it this way. I am currently participating in Slantember and SEptember on that other site. I currently have 20 slants and 10 SE razors out for the events. All are part of my regular rotation, and that isn't using my non slant DEs, Feather AC safety razors, Feather AC straight razors, and injectors. My regular rotation usually takes about three months to rotate and that is assuming I don't get any new razors (of which I have three coming in sometime soon).

Currently, it's my Aristocrat Junior. That replaced the Prewar Fat Handle Tech, which replaced the Slim, which replaced the Rockwell 6C. But I just received my Rocket HD, so that may change. In all likelihood, it will change anyway as time goes on.

As of late, it has been a Blackland Blackbird SB but it is pretty efficient that I usually have to shave every 36 hours. And that is with 2 passes and a little touchup.

All mine are back in the stable so after some I'm testing out, my 3 daily's are Rockwell 6s, Karve or Timeless .68 Open Comb

I don't have a daily driver. I own over 120 safety razors at this point and I rotate through all of them.

I don't really go for variety in my soaps, since I like to 3017 them, so I get my variety by changing up my hardware on a regular basis. I hardly ever use the same brush and razor for more than a couple of days at a time.

My Daily Driver for the most part is my Gillette Slim Adjustable. Though a while back it was my Super Adjustable 109 (Black Beauty). But I often use various razors to mix things up a bit. This up coming year I am likely to change this to a Modern DE or a straight (if I can ever get them out and actually use one).

Back