The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Witch Hazel Show-Off

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
That’s right, show me your stock of Witch Hazel! What varieties do you use?

I primarily use generic WH. And I keep a lot of it on hand, because we use it for an astringent, wound care, bug bites, and itchy skin..... on top of using it as a pre-aftershave.

I bought the Murphy's And Dickinson’s to try them out and compare. But the ingredients and performance are exactly the same, so I just buy the cheap stuff from now on.

I also have one bottle of Thayers Medicated that I bought on a recommendation. I like it, but I don’t use it for aftershave. I pretty much only use it for serious bug bites. The ones that keep me up at night, or itch so bad they wake me up.

I have only generic from Target.

I may try Dickenson’s when this runs low. Humphrey’s looks great as does the medicated Thayer’s. But I don’t have those locally. I sniffed the Thayer’s my local store carries but none of the scents interest me.

I'm going to pick up some generic if I can ever remember. What to get more of the Humphreys and keep watching for it on the bat but it's rare then Hens Teeth to find the 70 version

Just have these...

The Coconut Water and the Cucumber feel really nice after a rough shave...and after a hot day in the sun. I love the peach also. My favorite though is the Medicated that I usually have and that KJ showed above. I can find the cucumber an the coconut water at Whole Foods and sometimes GNC. The Peach I picked up at a TJ Maxx. Since this place is all about enabling...I just ordered a bottle of the Humpherys Alcoholado Maravilla that Dave in KY has been recommending. And yeah...not easy to find...but it's on the Bay...I think there might be one bottle left from the vendor I picked it up from.

Thanks for the heads up Don. I just ordered 2 bottles. The same vendor had 2 listings, one had 9 bottles left.

Where’s the lemon????? You guys!!! Lemon is the best one!!

The only stuff I have ever used was a sample bottle of Stirling's Vetiver WH. It was good stuff, just never felt the need to pick any up.

You only got 1? There’s still 7 bottles available.......
Nope, tried buying from that listing and it stops you at checkout saying there are non or listing is expired. His other listing showed 1 left as Don said and I was able to buy from there. That was my experience anyway

Nope, tried buying from that listing and it stops you at checkout saying there are non or listing is expired. His other listing showed 1 left as Don said and I was able to buy from there. That was my experience anyway
That listing had 9, I bought 2, and now it says 7. Worked for me.

Back