The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Wish I could go!

Pasteur's was a load of fun when I visited there in September of 2018. I managed to drop over $300 and am still working through product I purchased there that day. In fact, this morning I used a balm by Eufros that I bought there that afternoon. Pasteur's, at least that particular location, has a cramped feel of a small space over-filled with things. As you would expect they have a huge selection of shaving soap and related products. I spent over 3 hours opening soaps and smelling each scent, setting aside a few favorites for purchase. I quickly dismissed the notion I was doing something out of line by opening lids and no one bothered me the whole time. It was a different shopping experience.

Oh man, that's totally worth a trip detour of many hours if people are anywhere close.

One of the soaps I selected that day because the scent was so compelling was a seasonal by B&M called Nocturne. Nocturne is intended for Fall and Winter use primarily. It has the scent of apple cider with a hint of smoke reminiscent of a Fall day spent by the campfire sipping mulled cider. After we left New York, we headed for Maine and Vermont and spent October there in our RV. We were camped near Acadia National Park. One morning I shaved with Nocturne and applied the Nocturne Aftershave liberally. We then took a hike on that crisp Fall day through the forest stepping over the shaded granite on the path. As we made our way through the forest, I kept getting whiffs of Nocturne with its smokey cider goodness. It was perfect for that day in New England.

One of the soaps I selected that day because the scent was so compelling was a seasonal by B&M called Nocturne. Nocturne is intended for Fall and Winter use primarily. It has the scent of apple cider with a hint of smoke reminiscent of a Fall day spent by the campfire sipping mulled cider. After we left New York, we headed for Maine and Vermont and spent October there in our RV. We were camped near Acadia National Park. One morning I shaved with Nocturne and applied the Nocturne Aftershave liberally. We then took a hike on that crisp Fall day through the forest stepping over the shaded granite on the path. As we made our way through the forest, I kept getting whiffs of Nocturne with its smokey cider goodness. It was perfect for that day in New England.
Glenn, you had him at smokey 😂

Back