The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Winter Olympics

Like you Gerry I love the Olympics and always enjoyed them. And I have great memories when they were in Utah in 2002 attended events and ceremonies was an absolute blast! However I will NOT be watching the olympics this year, reasons I will not post here. I will probably follow the medal count online that will be about it.

Like you Gerry I love the Olympics and always enjoyed them. And I have great memories when they were in Utah in 2002 attended events and ceremonies was an absolute blast! However I will NOT be watching the olympics this year, reasons I will not post here. I will probably follow the medal count online that will be about it.
Ditto

Not sure about watching, but will keep up with the medal count. We typically watch the winter games, but may not this year.

As long as a wide athletic representation of nations and the US continue to attend and compete, I’ll continue to try and watch and support. Looking forward to it!

I’ve always loved the Olympics - both Summer and Winter - I love watching sports I did as a kid and those that for some reason - just appeal to me (see Curling). I also enjoy the sportsmanship when it’s displayed. I can’t watch this year - I cut the chord about 10 years ago, but every once in a while sign up for a month or two of some online tv service - but most of the time - no one in the family watches TV as far as your typical channels are concerned- so I dropped it again. I’ll listen in if they have it on SiriusXM though

but every once in a while sign up for a month or two of some online tv service
That what we did for the last Olympics…just did a one month payment for Peacock. Not the best streaming service, but we caught some good content from the games.

I sign up every year for some service for the SuperBowl as well……For some reason - I can’t pick up any over the air signals at my house

Apparently I'm out of the loop on world events.....
I was too. I freely admit I no longer watch the news. I know going around with my head in the sand is probably the wrong thing to do, but with everything going on in todays world I have a had time watching/reading the news and not having it negatively effect my life and mental state.

Same, I love them but...

I was too. I freely admit I no longer watch the news. I know going around with my head in the sand is probably the wrong thing to do, but with everything going on in todays world I have a had time watching/reading the news and not having it negatively effect my life and mental state.
I think we’re all in the same boat - the only reason I knew they were right around the corner is that I had that I got a month of Fubu service so my son Jack could watch the Steelers in the playoffs and I saw it on the Olympic channel 😂 , but the Steelers are out and the subscription has run it’s course.

I'm generally not a sports fan, but I enjoy the Winter Olympics. In particular, it's fun to hear the stories of the athletes, see them compete, and also learn about the host countries. My Bride and I will be watching a good bit.

I'm generally not a sports fan, but I enjoy the Winter Olympics. In particular, it's fun to hear the stories of the athletes, see them compete, and also learn about the host countries. My Bride and I will be watching a good bit.
I have the Peacock app and it has a "meet the athletes" segment that I watched last night. They dont really go into great detail, its just a quick introduction and a little bit about them, but it is interesting to hear about the athletes.

I’m tired of this Sinophobia (usually rooted in racism).

Mods please remove me from this forum.
Well I think, I may be wrong but most are supporting, not because of your false accusation of Sinophobia, but rather in support of Peng Shuai, so your assessment and assumptions are incorrect and frankly insulting to the cadre considering the limited time you have been here on this forum, and obviously ignorant. Your wish to be remove is granted, and frankly it shows you were not meant to be here. We will however leave your post up to show the error of your ways

Back