The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Wine Recommendations

mvargo

“I speak for two”
This is for @NurseDave... Looking for good wine recommendations.

I'll start
1. Peter Vella boxed wine... Cabernet Sauvignon or Burgundy
2. Peter Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Kieu Hoang Rose Pinot Noir
4. Homewood Petite Syrah

What are some of your favorites?

Dude, this isn’t as big of a rabbit hole as Dave’s watches, but it’s deeper than my other hobbies.

I’ll give you my faves, but I’ve given Chad some suggestions you might be able to find in liquor stores at reasonable prices before.

My favorite wine full stop is Peter Michael Les Pavots a red Bordeaux blend.

Some of our other faves are:
Quintessa - red blend
Darioush - Cab or Merlot
Davis Estates - Zephyr Cabernet
Duckhorn - Three Palms Cabernet
Chappellet - Cabernet
Buccella - Merlot
Paraduxx - anything, especially their co-ferment
Limerick Lane - 1023 Zinfandel or Block 1910 Zin

Dude, this isn’t as big of a rabbit hole as Dave’s watches, but it’s deeper than my other hobbies.

I’ll give you my faves, but I’ve given Chad some suggestions you might be able to find in liquor stores at reasonable prices before.

My favorite wine full stop is Peter Michael Les Pavots a red Bordeaux blend.

Some of our other faves are:
Quintessa - red blend
Darioush - Cab or Merlot
Davis Estates - Zephyr Cabernet
Duckhorn - Three Palms Cabernet
Chappellet - Cabernet
Buccella - Merlot
Paraduxx - anything, especially their co-ferment
Limerick Lane - 1023 Zinfandel or Block 1910 Zin
The problem is you told Chad and not me...lol

The problem is you told Chad and not me...lol
Around $30ish
Decoy Cab
Krug Cab
Chappellet Cuvee
Provenance Cab

Anything by Coppola I mentioned to Chad would be sweeter like the Peter Cellars.

Oh boy! SO before we begin may I ask what region (of the world) @mvargo and what varietal you are interested in (you love or want to try). A Cab Sav from Chile is not a Cab Sav from Napa but both excellent. Zinfandel from Lodi and Primitivo from Puglia (though genetically identical) are different. SO let's have some fun. Oh and I don't believe good wine should be expensive and it isn't.

So yesterday on the zoom call this thread and the Whiskey thread were both created to provide recommendations. I don't think the threads were meant to become hard to find items. But more of these are my daily drinkers and they are easily obtainable you should try them too.

It will be interesting to see how both threads evolve.

Wine is crazy there are so many labels!

Oh boy! SO before we begin may I ask what region (of the world) @mvargo and what varietal you are interested in (you love or want to try). A Cab Sav from Chile is not a Cab Sav from Napa but both excellent. Zinfandel from Lodi and Primitivo from Puglia (though genetically identical) are different. SO let's have some fun. Oh and I don't believe good wine should be expensive and it isn't.
I'm pretty open. I am in Utah... Which makes things difficult because we don't get a lot in the state. I tend to drink more reds than whites. My favorite varietals have been Cab Savs and Pinot Noir.

I'm pretty open. I am in Utah... Which makes things difficult because we don't get a lot in the state. I tend to drink more reds than whites. My favorite varietals have been Cab Savs and Pinot Noir.
I have not forgotten you…I will compile a proper list and get it on this thread!

You get extra points for a great Portuguese summer wine…that middle guy is the king of BBQ piri-piri chicken and seafood…especially lobster and crab!
Dude no kidding. It is about as refreshing as a Budapest Fröcc but less effervescent and full strength.

Dude no kidding. It is about as refreshing as a Budapest Fröcc but less effervescent and full strength.
Hey now a spritzer I haven’t had in forever. Vinho Verde we have chilling at all times. Must say we don’t do Riesling. I don’t mind it but the Mrs S. not at all. We’ll be tracking down that Zin though!

Back