The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Who would shave with this?

Would you shave with this?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Heck yes!

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
35936C4E-E103-43FA-813B-859886D78901.jpeg
While hunting for potential scores this morning(Nate is home sick), I came across this health hazard. It’s an oddity to me as the only razors I’ve seen with (I’m assuming here) a vibrating action were mechanical Stahly live blades and variants similar to them.

Has anyone ever seen one of this variety before?

Lastly would you shave with it???

I've used that Stahly, and it shaves like a hot knife through butter. Seriously an amazing shave. So yes, I'd give that a try. I have one of a different brand that is similar, but the cord it broke, so I couldn't try it out if I wanted.

Electro-Shav
The Electro-Shav safety razor has been manufactured by Rochelle Specialties Co. at Rochelle (IL, USA) from 1937 until the end of the 1940s. Occasionally these razors turn up at eBay, so it may not have been a giant success. It is a normal dual edge safety razor, to use on an electrical outlet of 110-120 Volts A.C. "When this is not available, simply use as any non-electric safety razor", says the manual.

Back