The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Who is going to binge watch Stranger Things?

I just need to look in the mirror
Sam... I would never call you strange...eclectic maybe...but never strange. But you most certainly are a thing! But you are not "things." So...Eclectic Thing? I would watch that. "Eclectic Thing...the story of pretty great chess playing in the Great White North!" Maybe it can be a spin off of Strange Brew!

I enjoyed the first season but never watched season 2, my daughter has been watching season 2 in preparation of a season 3 binge. I intend to get back into it, I liked it enough, but it’s not happening this weekend.

On a side note: I think it’s cool how they have marketed and turned 2 seasons and the soon to be released 3rd into such an empire. You would think it’s been on for years.

Does eleven play more of a part in this season?
She definitely plays a key and I guess big part. But now that you asked that question...I think he part is really about the same as all the other characters. It's pretty much a set-up like the other seasons. You have groups that are doing their own thing and in the end they all come together. I hope I haven't said too much.

On a side note: I think it’s cool how they have marketed and turned 2 seasons and the soon to be released 3rd into such an empire. You would think it’s been on for years.

I think you are right Chris! Stranger Things is definitely Netflix's Game of Thrones. There is a huge following and some people get Netflix for ONLY Stranger Things. The funny thing is...I don't see a lot of hype promoting it when it's the "off-season." But the following is definitely there.

I guess it would be interesting to look into a study of how shows like Stranger Things for Netflix, Game of Thrones for HBO, The Handmaid's Tale for Hulu, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for Prime...and other flagship shows promote themselves!

Watching Season 1 episode 1 here we go. Don't let me down guys
I convinced my wife just last night to sit with me and watch from the beginning, before I geeked out on this new season. Two episodes in and she hasn’t complained yet!

Watched the whole last season over the weekend. It was good, but not what I was expecting. The first season is definitely the best. I wish they could get back to some of that unknown and mystery. It's been lacking ever since.

Last edited:
Just finished watching season 3. Better than 2 but not as good as 1.
I dont want to spoil anything but no syfy should have a duet in it! Just saying.

Finished season 1. I get it. But I guess since I was never really a D&D fan I dont relate as much. But I can admit it's some of the better stuff Netflix has put out

Finished season 1. I get it. But I guess since I was never really a D&D fan I dont relate as much. But I can admit it's some of the better stuff Netflix has put out
I related more to the “kids growing up in the 80’s” vibe than I did the D&D stuff. I never played it as a kid.

I related more to the “kids growing up in the 80’s” vibe than I did the D&D stuff. I never played it as a kid.
I agree it is an 80's culture thing and not a D
& D thing.
My wife kept commenting about the clothes and hair being spot on. I noticed things like the video games and other pop culture items.

Oh agreed! And the music.
I agree it is an 80's culture thing and not a D
& D thing.
My wife kept commenting about the clothes and hair being spot on. I noticed things like the video games and other pop culture items.
The music for sure! My wife makes fun of me because I’m a sucker for 80’s pop lol.

But yeah, everything from the clothes and hair, to the cars, and even the toys the kids had in the basement. I remember pointing things out during the first season and saying “I had that toy when I was a kid!” Even the fact that the convenience store isn’t a CVS or a Rite Aid.

They really nailed the setting and it brings me back to my childhood, which always wins me over. That’s what initially grabbed me. Then the show turned out to be awesome on top of it haha!

We just powered through all three seasons this week! Wow what a ride! I had a Pinto just like that one only bronze. Traded it for a VW bus.

Back