The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Which Paladin are you waiting to be released? (i.e. your Wish List)

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
There are still a few Paladin brushes that I have been anxiously waiting to be made. If Ken & Co., ever make these brushes and they show up in a drop, I will likely pounce. These are not brushes that I have ordered, just ones that I'd like to buy eventually. They are:

Malachite - Buck Rogers 26mm

Jade - Lotus 26mm (if the grain/pattern looks right, I like the ones that are mostly green with a solid brown stripe on the side, see below)

Vesuvius - Buck Rogers 26mm or 28mm (I almost bought one before, but it popped up right after I purchased my LE Honey Noir Beehive and couldn't get both at the time)

I just love the Buck Rogers handle shape. I have 3 so far. I'd also love to get a Paladin with a 24mm knot. Just not sure what handle yet.

So, what is on your Paladin wish list?

Wow that is some collection.. Do you use anything else?
\n\nI guess I wasn\'t clear. Those aren\'t mine, they are just the ones I want. But I do have 6 Paladins. \n\nI also use my 3 Eric Sorrentino brushes quite a bit and a couple other synthetics.

Ken’s brushes are definitely beautiful! I’m not sure I’d go for one though given price and my happiness with my synth.

I’d chose something along these lines though:

PK-47 Harlequin

PK-47 Neptune

I’d chose something along these lines though:

PK-47 Harlequin
PK-47 Neptune

Those are excellent choices. I've got a Buck Rogers in the Harlequin and that material looks even better in person.

Those are excellent choices. I've got a Buck Rogers in the Harlequin and that material looks even better in person.

Good to know. I thought about the ebony or graphite, but they’re just too one note for me. I like the little color pops the two I posted have.

I waited well over a year for my favorite shape in my favorite color - a Sumo in Horn. I never saw one, so finally I emailed Ken and asked if he would make any. He said that the horn stock he used isn't big enough to make a Sumo. So on the next release, I bought a Sumo in Somerset. About a year later, I ordered a custom Sumo handle in faux horn from Rudy Vey.

Right now, I think a 28 mm Lotus in Vintage Port or Graphite would be my choice of Paladin.

Have stated before I want a Beehive Honey Noir but also at some point a Buck Rogers and Vesuvius is a color I like although it doesn't have to be that color. There is a Buck Rogers Malachite I keep looking at in the Backroom right now. Of the ones I have the Lotus handle feels the best to me. I have handle wise a Chief,PK-47,Moe,Lotus and Fallstaff

[QUOTE username=Dave in KY]at some point a Buck Rogers and Vesuvius is a color I like although it doesn't have to be that color.[/QUOTE]
Keep away from the Vesuvius Buck! That’s on my list!
[QUOTE username=Dave in KY]There is a Buck Rogers Malachite I keep looking at in the Backroom right now.[/QUOTE]
That one would have been my be right now if it wasn’t a 28mm. I want it in 26mm.

I would go with a 24mm Sumo in Graphite, Harlequin, or Neptune.

Back