The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's your favorite shave cream for sensitive skin?

jony844

Shave Newbie
Hello everyone!

My skin is quite sensitive. My father's shaving oil works good, however it clogs up the blade.

Do you have any suggestions for a decent sensitive skin shaving cream?

What is it about regular shave soap that you don’t like?

Most artisans have a sensitive skin formula, but it’s usually just an unscented version of their soap, because normally it’s the scents oils that folks have an issue with.

Is that the case with you, or is it something else?

Very good point @Spider, I have also seen that some people have issues with lanolin as well and there are many artisan lanolin-free, fragrance-free options. So as you said, it depends on what is causing the sensitivity

I usually find that shaving soaps perform better Than shaving cream so that would mean they would be slicker and protect better... which I would imagine would be better for sensitive skin.

Or by saying "shaving cream" did you just mean shaving soaps or cream or whatever works well?

(Sent from mobile)

A Quality Artisan Soap is all ya need besides learning how to make a proper lather with it.
Don't buy the stuff made in vats that come from companies that have 20+ employees.
When it comes to straight razors a lot of people start out thinking they have sensitive skin but it's normally operator error. And I will admit I was one of them. But I don't think you are talking straight shaving as you cant clog a straight. But if you are still somewhat new to this type of shaving it's a possibility.

Back