The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Song First Grabbed You?

Out of curiosity, I checked to see where this song reached on Billboard. It got to #5 in 1966. Released late '65 as a B-side, and January '66 as an A-side, demonstrating once again @MarkB 's assertion that B-sides are often more interesting. I probably heard it in 1966, so I may have been 9 years old if I heard it in the summer, as my birthday is in March.
giphy.gif

Three things:
  1. I love Joan Jett! IMO, she is the best female rock star ever.
  2. I saw her live on July 21 and she absolutely killed it. It was one of my bucket list items to see her in concert and I was not disappointed.
  3. While this isn't the first song to ever grab me, it is one of the most memorable and one that has stuck with me until today.
She’s coming to my town in September - I am hoping to score some tickets!

I gotta follow up. If you have never seen the opening guitar scene of Crazy On You, you must. The strength of this performer will blow you away.

IMO, best female voices: Agnetha and Freda (ABBA), Karen Carpenter, Patsy Cline. The purity and strength are remarkable. My wife says Whitney Houston.

I must mention Jay Black, Gary Pucket, Marty Robbins, again on strength and purity. Nod to Three Dog Night and Roy Orbison.

Just my opinion.

I gotta follow up. If you have never seen the opening guitar scene of Crazy On You, you must. The strength of this performer will blow you away.

IMO, best female voices: Agnetha and Freda (ABBA), Karen Carpenter, Patsy Cline. The purity and strength are remarkable. My wife says Whitney Houston.

I must mention Jay Black, Gary Pucket, Marty Robbins, again on strength and purity. Nod to Three Dog Night and Roy Orbison.

Just my opinion.
Watching this video has reminded me of how ground-breaking Heart was. The Wilson sisters were clearly the strength of the band. It's only right - they formed it.

Back